The new Battlestar Galactica series

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Okay, so I've finally gotten around to watching BSG season 1 after asking Santa for it.

I'd seen part of an early episode of Season 4 on Sky and it had looked interesting - the mini-series with Season 1 has easily been enough to get me hooked.

Still not watched everything - still got the last 3 episodes of season 1 to watch, but so enjoying this.

Really, the surprise is that it's taken me so long to actually take a look.

I know it has been discussed positively here before - I guess I was still looking too much at Babylon 5 to dare consider there may be decent modern TV series out there.

Anyway, hooked and ready to finish season 1 and begin season 2. :)

It's been a while since i did season 1 but it's a very enjoyable show, although not a patch on the original series. i'm working my way (still) through the third season now, my sister gets the box sets for my birthday every year.(saves her having to think about what to get me :D )
My only gripe is the Cylon changes, i miss the old Cylons and also the male starbuck, a female starbuck just dosen't work for me. i miss the cigar smokeing, card playing laddishness.

It is an amazing show. I own the whole series as well as the film they did and pretty much every bonus feature ever released.

Baylor is a professional thread necromancer.

It is an amazing show. I own the whole series as well as the film they did and pretty much every bonus feature ever released.

Baylor is a professional thread necromancer.

in all fairness I do like bring back a thread on occasion. Not a bad thing if it gets a discussion going. But I do like BSG .;)

I didn't initially like the changes he was making to Galactica . Then i saw the miniseries and I was hooked from that point on. The Cylon' believed that they were superior to those that created them yet as the show progressed , you see the Cylons gradually coming to the realization that they are just a s flawed egoistical as the Humans that created them. Worse still that they are just like the humans that created them . And the humans coming to similar realization about themselves. Its brilliant stuff. :)

Just started watching this show after watching when it was live. Forgot how much I loved these characters

If you follow Edward James Olmos on Twitter, he'll send you a personal thank you and talk to you about water conservation.

Eddie's very nice! I did some custom artwork for him that was commissioned by the president of his fan club. He owns the Adama portrait I woodburned.

The series is easily one of the best ever done for television. No spoilers, don't worry. I have to get the last few seasons though I have seen them. I have the movie mini series. Also BSG Razor. And season 1, 2, 2.5, & 3.

I still need 4, 5, & 6. As well as Caprica and I'll have all of it. Good stuff!

IMG_54011496504205.jpeg

Back