Improving our 75 Word Stories -- READ FIRST POST

For me, there are 4 golden rules with the 75 Word Challenge :

Write in the correct genre

Write with the correct theme

Make sure it's a story and not just descriptive text

Correct use of grammar and spelling

All of these will affect whether others will vote for your story or not. At one time or another, I think that many of us will have fallen foul of at least one of the above. Sometimes through error, sometimes by being too subtle.

For me, there are 4 golden rules with the 75 Word Challenge :

Write in the correct genre

Write with the correct theme

Make sure it's a story and not just descriptive text

Correct use of grammar and spelling

All of these will affect whether others will vote for your story or not. At one time or another, I think that many of us will have fallen foul of at least one of the above. Sometimes through error, sometimes by being too subtle.
And here’s another rule for readers: don’t point out errors in those stories before voting ends ;)

If one's writing for one's self, this is of course, completely unnecessary masochism...
Yeah, I don't write to win. Just feel bad every time I'm told the story works, but somehow fails some technicality that ALL the stories fail. "Legend" isn't a modern genre, unless we count re-writing old ones.

I think it bears mentioning also that the community here is — ahem — somewhat older and many have fixed views on literature and their own predilections.

There’s an awful lot of ‘rule adherence’ in Chrons — a lot of armchair experts … since starting the podcast publishers and writers have made it clear to us the wisdom that’s lauded as gospel for authors is utter nonsense. It comes from lack of belief in one’s own style.

There are golden rules of course. But one thing you @Swank have that is sorely rare is true originality and a very hard science or reality swerve to your sf.

If a writer can keep to genre and not have typos their entry is fine.