Light fantasy book/series, unknown name or author.

Nikkiole

I can't remember the name or author of a fantasy novel that I read within the last year. It was a light fantasy that was in an alternate world.

There was a royal family that was attacked by an enemy just after the birth of a daughter, the first girl born in that line of blood. The daughter was announced to have died, and even the mother thought the baby had died but the father actually organised to have his daughter sent away with a twin, one of the helpers/workers for the King (I think that one of the twins was the captain of the kings guard. Also the twins were quite young, maybe only 16/17).

The mother and father are killed by the enemy, but the eldest son escapes with the other twin/ maybe his friend who is the son of the Kings guard I think?? There is also another child, but he is adopted and is mentally ill and the enemy takes him as kind of a pet.

At the end of one of the books, you find out that the daughter is in another world, a modern world with electricity and is grown up but doesn't know about her family or her heritage. She is a doctor/nurse in a hospital/aged care facility and the twin is a gardener (?) who watches over her and at the end of this book he takes her back to the original world where she came from.

If any of this sounds familiar, please suggest what book its from because its driving me crazy

Sounds a little like A Princess of Roumania by Paul Park, although I don't recall any twins in it.

Back