Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011)

If you've been on the ride in the last few years then you know that Jack Sparrow is a fixture in the exhibit now. So you can expect to keep seeing him elsewhere also. :D
No, it was at EuroDisney in 2001. I didn't realise it had been changed to accommodate Jack Sparrow (though I don't know why now as it makes perfect sense.)

I figured at the end of the last film Jack had filched the map off Barbosa and I thought it was a map to the fountain of youth, which is what this new film is about... but I'm not certain about that by a long shot - and have no intention of digging the film out to confirm it.

You're right, they do have a map to the Fountain of Youth at the end of the third film, I remember because it reminded me of Powers' "On Stranger Tides" book at the time. Obviously it wasn't just me that was reminded of that ;)

It definitely isn't a prequel.

Barbosa becoming a king's man AFTER these movies is a pretty disappointing thought.

It was fairly common for pirates to end up working as privateers for various countries during that era.

Hollywood are fun they are saying the film is suggested by the novel of Tim Powers but they created the characters hehe.

Writing credits

Ted Elliott(screenplay) & Terry Rossio(screenplay)
Ted Elliott(characters) & Terry Rossio(characters)
Stuart Beattie(characters) and Jay Wolpert(characters)
Tim Powers(novel "On Stranger Tides") (suggestion)

From imdb, they copied totally On Stranger Tides novel. I would like to see the film only thanks to Depp. Im like all the others who think they ruined the fun of the first film with 2,3 films that tried to be epic,heroic.

The lame creators will still make a billion dollars thanks to Johnny Depp. They have nothing else going for them.

Loved the first movie, thought 2 was tolerable, 3 awful (haven't bothered to buy the DVD). I'll probably go and see 4, just for the halibut*.

Mostly, though, I want to hunt down a copy of the book. Tim Powers is one of my all-time favourite authors, and it's years since I read On Stranger Tides. I just hope he's being paid something for the use of his idea!

* old family euphemism for "the hell of it", in case you're puzzled!

Disney bought the rights to the novel so he got something atleast. Really they must only have been afraid of being sued by him,his people.

I saw this movie last weekend.
It actually is not a prequel. And I thought it was quite good.
I liked the straight forward adventure plot: Pirates look for fountain of youth. Evil Blackbeard pirate. Evil Spaniards. Pretty mermaid is dragged along.
Jack and Barbosa team up against Blackbeard. Great action along the way.
My kind of movie.

I enjoyed the first 3 movies, but this one..... hm.... its OK only because Depp is in it

I'm leaning towards saying this is the worst of the four, Penelope Cruz's character was so weak compared to Elizabeth Swann, see I can't even remember her character's name, that's how unmemorable she was.

Unfortunately it looks like she will be back for the fifth movie as well, if the teaser at the end of the credits is anything to go by.

And don't get me started on how terrible Barbosa was in the fourth, I'm not sure what happened to his ability to act during the time between the third and fourth movies but I felt he dropped the ball with this one.

The first movie was a masterpiece, but then everybody knows that. I still enjoyed the second and third, but they are gradually getting worse.

I thought it was better than the second and third one.

The Penelope Cruz and Jack Sparrow fighting each other scene but we don't see her face exactly was pretty much exactly the same as the Salma Hayek/Puss in Boots one from Puss in Boots. (Which film came first?)

Notice how I never remember the names of female characters?

Still haven't seen the movie, but have read Power's book 5 or 6 times and loved that as much as his other books. Afraid I'll be disappointed since this one was added in last. Thought whoever wrote the first 3 movies must have read his book, regardless of where they got their ideas and images.

It wasn't as good as the first film but I still liked it. I look forward to the next installment. (y)