The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim!

For anyone in the UK still undecided, there's a 24 hr deal on the Game website today: 360/PS3 versions £22.49, PC version £19.99

It's £22.49 on amazon now anyway for the PS3.

I have never really liked these kind of games, the world, the choices usually bored me before i got sucked in. My brother bought the game a week ago and he works nights so i play the days im at home. I have never played Oblivion or whatever game was before in the similar world. Im playing as a Nord called Kane and who looks like Conan ;)

Im on level 13 now since the world is big and wonderful. I try to do all the small quest. I just love going to hunt in caves and get all that gold, get more levels,powerful.

I thought the undead,dragons, human enemies was not powerful enough to be a real challenge until i met my first powerful witch that threw firebolts in my face and owned me when i was on the road to the Greybeards. I like fighting mages,witches. You have have tactics,use magic wisely.

Right now i havent played in two days because i have an essay to finish but i look forward to getting addicted, lost in that huge,open world.

I CAN'T GET PAST LEVEL 8!

I swear, everything I do is past my level, and I don't know where to grind out a couple.

I have plenty of gold, but haven't found a trader to upgrade my equipment beyond the towns I've been to.

And if I get killed by another sprite made of green fire flies, I'm going to lose my mind.

Outside of that, I adore it :)

I made it to level 9!

Then promptly got smoked when I made it to the Grey Beards mountain top.

I have played up too level 11 about 5-6 times now playing with different styles.

So far the most fun I have had is:

Breton- 1h/shield warrior and Conjuration
-Conjur DPS help and a sword (with the conjur weapon perks)
-Heavy armor and a shield
-Never die if your paying attention
-Dragons don't stand a chance

Going to play around with a Dark elf (illusion/destruction) and become a vampire to see how that goes.

Also need to try out a basic wood elf hunter option.

Currently level 45, Nord barbarian - currently using an ebony warhammer, 99 damage + 30 storm damage. Will use daedric weapons once my enchanting skill is higher. :)

My brother and I got it, finally, over Christmas and I do have to point out one potentially major leveling abuse:

Smithing. Within just a couple hours of playing my brother managed to become a master with smithing and put his character up fifteen levels. He decided to go the archer route and so he was very able to abuse the smithing skill by making a truckload of leather bracers and selling the things off. Within just a couple days he was already wearing dragon armor and using a glass bow. :p

My brother and I got it, finally, over Christmas and I do have to point out one potentially major leveling abuse:

Smithing. Within just a couple hours of playing my brother managed to become a master with smithing and put his character up fifteen levels. He decided to go the archer route and so he was very able to abuse the smithing skill by making a truckload of leather bracers and selling the things off. Within just a couple days he was already wearing dragon armor and using a glass bow. :p

The only problem with that is that your weapon skills don't match the level of the enemy. All enemies level are based off your level, found this out early by doing quests at different times.

Conjuration has the same problem.

Currently level 45, Nord barbarian - currently using an ebony warhammer, 99 damage + 30 storm damage. Will use daedric weapons once my enchanting skill is higher. :)

Hows the two handed weapon in fights? The couple of times I tried it I kept missing everything.

Hows the two handed weapon in fights? The couple of times I tried it I kept missing everything.

Similar to 1-handed, just slower and heavier, and does more damage. :)

Am currently back on the main quest, crushing deathlords by the half-dozen - at once, single-handedly. :)

And yet fighting against magical characters like Fire Mages and similar high-level mages leaves me running for cover and having to sneak around with a bow.