Story about a dead man in an intelligent space suit

plgp00

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a short story about an intelligent space suit containing a dead man.

Sadly I don't know the author's name, nor the title.

Does this ring any bells for anybody?

Many thanks!

Damn. I've read this... I think it's an Eric Brown story, but I can't remember the title.

I can't help, but it does sound interesting.

No, sadly that's not the one...

It was almost entirely told from the perspective of the suit, and took place on a barren planet if I recall.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the replies!

I'm pretty sure I've read this, but can't think of title or author either. I believe it was in one of the Gardner Dozois "Year's Best SF" collections. But there are quite a few of those editions, so this probably isn't much help.

Sounds like a scene from Niven (Pournelle?) story-- no, it's Niven -and- Pournelle: either "The Mote in God's Eye" or "The Gripping Hand."
--Paul E Musselman

There is a short story called Descendant in The State of the Art by Iain M. Banks. Culture suit walking across a planet to the base there after being shot down.

There is a short story called Descendant in The State of the Art by Iain M. Banks. Culture suit walking across a planet to the base there after being shot down.

Yes!! That's the one I was trying to remember. I bet that's it. And me such a Banks freak. How could I have forgotten it?

That is it! Thank you everyone....
I'm going over and buying a new copy right now.

That is it! Thank you everyone....
I'm going over and buying a new copy right now.

The rest of the stories in The State of the Art are also really rather good. I'm sure you'll enjoy them :)

Back