3.13 The Coming of Arthur Pt 2

Really liked this last episode. Lady of the lake. Sword in the stone. Morgana Le Fay getting bitter and growing in the power as she trots down the path of the evil. The old version of round table of coming into the picture (I thought it had twelve places). And the kiss that gave me chillies.

I have to say the execution was brilliant and I bet that there has been a bit of arm wrestling before they got down to play this version. I'm saying that because BBC is notoriously difficult on understand the correct pacing for the stories. So far the American counterparts have been doing much better job on that front and I only can hope since we have sent actors at that side of the sea, that we could something in exchange. Then again, it would be great if the BBC would figure this stuff on their own. But before they do we have to keep on complaining. At least that is something that the British can do very well. ;)

Couple of questions: Did you like Lancelot taking the place of the first knight? Who was the (strong) knight and what is his story in the legends? Did the stone had an inscribe telling that only the king can lift the sword from the stone, or is that came in with the Disney?

Uther must die, but is there an option, where he can stay at the background as Anthony was doing with Giles character?

Did you like Lancelot taking the place of the first knight?

Yeah, it was fitting i think. he was first to enter in to this version of the story and also the one that holds the code closest to his heart.

Who was the (strong) knight and what is his story in the legends?

Sir Percivil, he has been included in other versions of the legend. he's new to this story so i guess his tale will be told next series.

Did the stone had an inscribe telling that only the king can lift the sword from the stone, or is that came in with the Disney?

I dont recall inscription in other legends, but i could well be wrong. I don't think theres one on this stone, it was just Merlin keeping his promise to the Dragon.

Uther must die, but is there an option, where he can stay at the background as Anthony was doing with Giles character?

We wait to see on this i think. I hope he will feature from time to time, but now should be Arthurs time to rule.

The Disney version is taken directly from the The Sword in the Stone by T H WHite, and that has the inscription in it.

I'm struggling to remember whether it is used in the Morte D'Arthur...

Back