I nearly missed it!

steve12553

The Enigma of Steel
Moved my books to the deep south. I have a loft/li
I had managed somehow to never run across Red Dwarf (although I had heard the name). This summer I discovered the streamming feature on the Netflix account my wife used and worked my way through several good old series. (Their movies are pretty limited). After rewatching the Jeremy Britt versions of Sherlock Holmes ( all episodes that I didn't own), I managed to see several Babylon 5 episodes (that I somehow never got around to when it was available elsewhere), most of Lexx, and finally noticed Red Dwarf. I found the show intriguing and while not always wonderful, I caught myself on several occasions engaged in a belly laugh that would have been quite contageous had I not been by myself. They had all the episodes and I figured I'd work my way through them all eventually. Unfortunately, I just noticed a message on the service that says they will not be available for streaming after December 1, 2010. Anyone aware of any other site where it might show up. Otherwise I'll have to finish all the episodes this weekend.

Are we talking uk Red Dwarf or the US version. The Uk series 1 - 7 DVD's are quite nicely priced on the net.

Sorry i don't use the streaming sites, my internet is to slow out here in the countryside. a half hour show would take almost 5 hours to watch :(

There's a lovely A4 folder-esque DVD collection that I've had my eye on for absolutely ages on Amazon for about thirty-three pounds that has all eight series in it (eight series, Slow, but I'm not surprised you've missed out the poor eighth one). I don't think it has the three-part Easter special, but it totally should!

I used to have a site bookmarked on my browser and funnily enough clicked on it the other day and it also seems to have disappeared. It had all the episodes on there, too. The only think I can think of is some googling to track down other places that might show them.

Absolutely brilliant show.

I did manage to see them all during the alloted time and when December first came around they were still their and the notice that they would be gone had disappeared. (Negotiations for rights?) Really enjoyed the show and was not as disappointed by the "miniseries" Back to Earth because the poor reviews had my expecations so low.

Back