OMG! Design the next USS ENTERPRISE (Offical Contest)

Having fun with my wife's calligraphy pen.

caligraphy_01a_web.jpg

Getting pretty far out there...

Does anyone know if saucer separation is supported in-game? I'm guessing not.

I may keep the same basic shapes though.

Are the curved nacelles kosher?

Having fun with my wife's calligraphy pen.

caligraphy_01a_web.jpg

Getting pretty far out there...

Does anyone know if saucer separation is supported in-game? I'm guessing not.

I may keep the same basic shapes though.

Are the curved nacelles kosher?

i like this idea, i would turn the belly so the bulk of it is rear facing (more tail like) and lose the curved nacells in favour of smaller ones on the saucer section, which come into play on seperation, maybe folding like Voygers? :)
Oh.... and if this is a new ship for a new game, you can make the saucer seperation possibal ..... Make it so :D

Couldn't sleep last night and scribbled these while half-awake:
late_doodles_web.jpg

The first one I drew is the big one on the left. After that I decided to retreat back to the familiar enterprise silhouette, but keep the stacked saucer/horseshoe, as you see on the bottom right.

The doodle on the top right is the only one I really like.

i like this idea, i would turn the belly so the bulk of it is rear facing (more tail like) and lose the curved nacells in favour of smaller ones on the saucer section, which come into play on seperation, maybe folding like Voygers? :)
Oh.... and if this is a new ship for a new game, you can make the saucer seperation possibal ..... Make it so :D

I'm keeping the stacked saucer/horseshoe so let me digest this and see if I can incorporate it.

I think I should imply saucer separation without showing the 2nd pair of nacelles, yes?

Swing the secondary hull back, more traditional, like the doodle on the top right, correct?

I've checked, and apparently saucer-seperation is viable, but having played a trial version of the game, I can't imagine how it would work :confused:

Hooooray for the "Prt Scr" key!

fatal_error.jpg

I ment like you have done here, so the bulk faces back, so the sauser looks teardrop shaped in silohette

The second naceels for the sauser could be smaller and tucked down and to the sides. they would only raise in to place on seperation. if the were smaller you could say the saucer is only capable of warp 6 or 7 without main engineering.

i dont know much about gaming, but if you have lives or a power bar, the seperation could be a part of that prosess (e.g. once you get to 1 life or 1/3 power you have to seperate or blow up??)

enterpriserpent_web.jpg

I'm going for kind-of a flying animal vibe.

[edit]
I'm thinking maybe the lower horseshoe shaped section of the saucer is removable, and can be replaced with any number of mission specific modules, the default being heavy firepower?

Very sharp looking Fuzzy Modem, I think I'm going to try out for this contest too, using my artisitc talent. ;)

I really don't envy you this task.
Everything there looks good, but from the plan view it's looking very Cardassian.

View attachment 19062

Maybe a change in the horseshoe would fix that. (sorry, i feel awful saying these things, but i'd like to aid in your quest :eek: )

That's very feddie looking for a Cardassian ship.

I think I'm okay now that I'm back to the traditional silhouette, but I appreciate the reference :)

Regardless of whether I make the horseshoe detachable, I am thinking I'll cover it with weapons, and put the impulse engines on the back of it. The upper saucer will be the primary habitat area, and will have lots of windows and maybe an arboretum.

Where should I put the bridge?

Well the 'E' had a vast weapons upgrade in its re-fit, it would be worth looking at the link i posted to get the full spec's.
After the encouter with the simatar, they armed her well.

Usualy they put the bridge in the center so its protected, but there is a battle bridge on top of the saucer.

Usualy they put the bridge in the center so its protected, but there is a battle bridge on top of the saucer.

IIRC with every iteration of the Enterprise thus far, the primary bridge is on the top of the saucer, with the Enterprise D having a battle bridge on top of the neck, which is exposed after saucer separation.

This is generally considered an unwise decision, which is why I ask if I should break the mold.

I swung way back the other direction, totally "Enterprise" Enterprise again. It has flavor though, just no originality.

All one object, just extrusion modeling and a smooth.

1701-f_v01.01_web.jpg

[edit]
1701f_v01_hq_web.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to beef up the ass and legs and make the neck slimmer. I'm still in a good position to be making major tweaks, so all suggestions are appreciated. :)

Last edited:
Any thoughts on how to make it look less like a goose/swan/duck and more like a cobra/bat/dragon?

I'm still very flexible at this point, and while I like this direction, there are things about it that vex me for reasons I can't quite place.