Supernatural - Season 3

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
[Warning! Potential spoilers!]

So, really enjoyed season 1 and season 2 ended a bit forcefully.

However, season 3 seems to be taking a change for the worse.

Instead of being a creepy program about the supernatural, with character humour, they're now trying to outright comedy.

Also, what's with the Lara Croft character?

And when we see a Christmas Special, perhaps it shows the show is a victim of it's own success?

Am still watching the episodes, but it does very much feel that season 3 is a on a slippery slope downwards.

Any comments (but no spoilers please!)?

Season 3 is a short season, only 16 episode because of the writers strike. The series does get darker, but they do have some episodes that are more comedy than serious but these aren't the norm, the series mostly sticks to the more serious with character humor. The females in the show are antagonists. There is a christmas episode in s3 but I think it is a gory one.

I thought the humour in Season 3 was brilliantly handled. The rabbit's foot episode and the Groundhog Day-style episode (the latter in particular) were downright funny.

Wybe is right though, it's not all humour throughout the season. That said, it never reaches the excellence of the Season 1 finale and the escalating plot leaves much to be desired (even if it does have it's moments).

I've not seen any of season 6 yet, Brian, but I guess it depends on what it is you like about the show.

Going by your first post, I'd say you probably won't take to the latter seasons. The main plotline is pushed ever further into realms that no writing team could handle plausibly (which was never the show's strong suit anyway). That's not to say there aren't standout episodes and characters, because there are, but when I think back on seasons 4 & 5 creepy doesn't particularly spring to mind (with, of course, a few momentary exceptions). I'd definitely say the 5th season faaaar overeached itself, but again it had it's moments.

It's all a matter of opinion though, so I could be wrong and you might really enjoy what's to come. For me it was a fun show (with exception to the very dark first season finale, which I loved, and certain episodes - like the werewolf episode and that awesome ending - neither of which are topped later on in my view).

Hope that helps :)

I enjoy the series but there are some very silly episodes. I am liking season 6 though the first couple of episodes were not the best and did make me wonder if the show had jumped the shark but it has gone back to more the feel of the 1st season where they were going from town to town killing the baddies. There is a greater plotline but aside from one thing it is mostly kept in the background.

It's my favorite horror show and currently i m enjoying it's latest episodes from season 6. if someone here still not go for enjoy latest episodes from it, then have gonna enjoy it.

Heh, looks like this little thread is helping me instead.

Thanks for that Wy and Kristy - because after watching the first episode of season 6 I thought "well, maybe I really don't need to watch any more of this", but your comments are encouraging. I think I will pick it back up and watch a few more.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Glaysher Supernatural 0
Alexa Supernatural 0
Alexa Supernatural 7
Gonk the Insane Supernatural 13
Anushka Mokosh Supernatural 16