1. Now Available on Amazon:                            

> Click here for more Amazon stores

Dismiss Notice

The Book of the Long Sun

Discussion in 'Gene Wolfe' started by T77, Nov 19, 2010.

Kierkegaurdian

Kierkegaurdian Well-Known Member

Well, I finished The Knight. What a wonderful book! The climax was beautifully written, and the high-point of the features I found most interesting and attractive during the course of the novel (the dreamlike narration, bizarre yet beautiful world, the pervading element of mystery). I should also mention that even though none of the characters grabbed my attention in the first half, I found that by the end of the book, I really did like / care about Mani, Able, Beel, and co. I have, as usual, countless questions, but I am going to reserve them for the time being, and wait until after reading The Wizard to get into them. I am not going to dive into The Wizard right away though; having read three Wolfe novels in quick succession, I am going to take a little break!

Stephen: Is there something in particular that you didn't like about the book?

T77

T77 Well-Known Member

Glad you liked The Knight - one of my favorite books, can't wait to reread it. Your comments make me want to reread it now.

Stephen Palmer

Stephen Palmer author of novels

I wish I knew, because Wolfe is pretty much my favourite author. I just couldn't get any enthusiasm for the setting or the characters. It all seemed very grey. Not sure why... :rolleyes: