The Walking Dead (contains S1-4 spoilers)

The Walking Dead‘s Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) is the break-out character of the show, having slain countless squirrels and walkers, not to mention viewers’ hearts. But he has remained a man of mystery.

Even Zach (Kyle Gallner) tried to find out what Daryl did before the zombie apocalypse struck in the Season 4 premiere ‘30 Days Without An Accident’, but sadly he didn’t live long enough to discover the truth.

Speaking exclusively to SciFiNow, Norman Reedus revealed that he knows the truth: “I do, but I cant tell you because it might be addressed in an upcoming episode.”

He’s referring to the much-talked about Daryl-centric episode coming up in Season 4 Part B, which we can’t wait to see, but it’s also got us very worried: in the past, when a character gets their own episode it usually means the Grim Reaper is coming.
Should we start a petition now? “I can’t tell you that!” Reedus says coyly. “I think everyone should be worried about all the characters all the time.”

But if he had to leave the show, Reedus definitely doesn’t want it to be at the rotting hands of a walker.

“If I had my way he would find a dog and then just walk down a road and disappear into the horizon like Mad Max. To be continued, you don’t know what happens. I’m not into the idea of being ripped apart by zombies, I’ve seen that happen quite a bit.”
It would undoubtedly be a cool way to go, but we’d give Rick’s right hand to ensure a long and happy life for Daryl. He’s brought plenty of hilarious one-liners and bad-ass walker kills over the past four seasons ,and there would surely be a riot if the writers dared to get rid of him. In fact, here’s five reasons why he can never die.

All Reedus would say is that The Walking Dead Season 4 Part B is going to be the best yet: “They’re really pushing us to the limits, those storylines are so good and so detailed, like full throttle,” he tells SciFiNow. “They’re crazy well done episodes, well acted, well shot and super well written. They’re my favourite eight so far, I cant wait for people to see them.

“The beheading of Hershel and killing the Governor were such shockers, but it’s about to get much crazier.”
Walking Dead Season 4 Norman Reedus on leaving the show | SciFiNow - The World's Best Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Magazine

In talking about what effect seeing her father executed would have on Maggie, Lauren Cohen said the rest of season 4 will be the "goriest" yet:
No, it's so needless. And I think it drives the whole second half of the season for her because we never see her process anything. But by virtue of her actions you can tell that she's processing. Maggie doesn't really know where any of her people are right now. That drives the whole back half of the season for her. And for everyone. She's not getting the chance or the time to process. But it's going to be filthy. This is definitely going to be the goriest yet.
She continued on to describe where Maggie's character will go:
You really see how far she can go for what she is fighting for and for the things she holds dear. This is the first time you see Maggie on her own, and with everything that she's learned and the evolution of this character, how prepared she is for this world. And it turns out she's pretty prepared. [Laughs] But its been an insane adventure, a turn in the story that none of us anticipated. All these episodes are gems, complete gems. It's been a real treat for all of us. It's been really tense. And we've gotten to explore our characters in different situations with different people sometimes, and sometimes with no one. It's been a great opportunity to test our mettle.

'The Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on the 'goriest' episodes yet | Inside TV | EW.com

Robert Kirkman, on the other hand, was completely ready to identify Mike and Terry:
I'm not sure how much I can reveal. It is somewhat in line with what her backstory is in the comic book series and there's definitely more that will be revealed as this season goes on, but this is what we've had in mind for this character since the very beginning. There've been other ideas and plotlines thrown out in the writers' room, but it was always the plan to reveal that the Mike and Terry characters, her boyfriend and her boyfriend's friend, were her [zombie] pets. There are going to be more layers revealed about how that came about and what lead to that. But that has always been our backstory and it's great to finally have that revealed on the show.
Kirkman also said that, in a way, Rick not losing an arm like he did in the comic was a decision made based on Kirkman realizing that it made writing the story more difficult:
Yeah, there are certain things where I can look back with hindsight having done the comic. That's one of the most fun aspects of being in the writer's room. I can say, I did the story this way and the audience reacted this way. Deconstructing things from that point of view and really being able to game them out long-term is a lot of fun. There are a lot of times in the comic book where people don't notice it because the panels don't move, but Rick is standing on top of something he would not have been able to climb on without a hand… It'd be more difficult to do that in the television show. All that being said, I'm not ruling out the possibility that he may lose the hand eventually.

The Creator of The Walking Dead on What to Expect This Season | Underwire | Wired.com

Producer Gale Anne Hurd previewed a little about what's in store for Daryl:
Daryl had found a new family after the loss of his own brother, and he had become not only a valued and respected member, but someone who could actually joke around. He was finally beginning to see the light at the end of a very dark and brutal tunnel, and now that's been ripped apart with the fall of the prison, with the banishment of Carol.

Spoiler Chat: Scoop on The Walking Dead, Glee, Pretty Little Liars, The Following and More! | E! Online

In answering a question about whether he read the comics after being cast as Abraham, Michael Cudlitz let slip that Abraham will be nearly identical to his comics counterpart:
Yes. I talked to [showrunner] Scott Gimple after I was hired and I said, "Look, I want to read the comics. I want to get caught up and up to date, but I don't want to mislead myself. How much of what Abraham does is going to be based on the comics?" He said, "Go ahead and do that. All of your backstory is going to be almost exactly as it was from the comic book as far as what happened before we met him." It's an awesome jumping-off point.

The Walking Dead's Michael Cudlitz on Abraham Ford: "He Will Kill You" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Emily Kinney talked about how the trauma of Hershel's death hasn't yet been seen in Beth:
We hear one line from the journal where she says, "I believe for daddy." That makes me wonder, what is the impact of what happened to Hershel and how is that affecting Beth? When she is saying stuff like, "We have to get out there and search, we have to be hopeful," is that her way of honoring her father and carrying on in an almost What Would Hershel Do, WWHD kind of way?

I think she definitely still hasn't come to terms with that life is over yet — in terms of the people and the family she gained by having that stability of the prison. She's still sort of hopeful. She still hasn't come to terms with her father's death yet. That is something that is going to play out throughout the whole rest of the season. This is just the beginning. She is still tying to grasp something.

Well, it's a lot of trauma to take in at one time.

Yeah, I don't think it's all happening yet. This episode is to see how much hope she had in this other life. And as soon as people do have food and stability and shelter, they start to journal. You don't need to much to start to dream and think about what your life could be and that sort of thing.
'The Walking Dead': Emily Kinney talks latest episode and Beth 2.0 | Inside TV | EW.com

Showrunner Scott Gimple said that it was unlikely that Scott Wilson or David Morrissey would return for season five, saying that he didn't see it for the "immediate future." He also previewed some more action-heavy episodes for the start of season five:
I would say that these next eight episodes are going to be a little more action-heavy, with a lot of big twists. Really 85% of them are together again, so it's a pretty good guess that they're going to remain together and that's going to give us a whole new emotional dynamic as well, So I guess the biggest thing is prepare for a very different Walking Dead. Yet again.

'Walking Dead' Season 4 Finale: Showrunner Talks Bloody Episode & Season 5

Robert Kirkman also spoke a little bit about season five, despite being unwilling to confirm anything about Terminus and previewing what the ending meant for Rick:
There are a great many number of possibilities for that storyline and who those characters are and what they're doing, and that [they are cannibals] is certainly one of them. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility, but I can neither confirm nor deny anything at this time. Who the people of Terminus are and what their deal is will be dealt with fairly quickly when we come back for Season 5.

. . . [Rick's] resigned to the fact that he's going to have to be a different person in order to survive. He's really accepted the fact that he is that guy. He's the guy that can take that on, that can be that leader, that can go to those levels if he needs to. Now that he knows that that's in him, there's a confidence to him now that he hasn't had before. And that confidence will carry with him into Season 5 and, theoretically, get them out of that horrible situation.
He also explained why they refused to show some characters in the finale:
Seeing that group in the train car and knowing that all of those people are together and that Rick is very capable and very prepared… We kind of felt like we needed more unknowns to keep people guessing. And leaving the fate of Beth and Carol and Tyreese and Judith completely ambiguous kind of gives us that. We'll deal with [their whereabouts] fairly quickly when we come back for Season 5. They could be in another train car. They could be in part of the barbecue, as you say. Or, maybe, they found a Denny's and they're just having a good time.

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Cannibals at Terminus — Carol Eaten? - TVLine

wvesgk.jpg

Season 5

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

I'm rewatching from the beginning, now up to the reappearance of The Governor and Tara's introduction.

It's surprising how some things stick in your mind and others you forget.

Glenn, when they lowered him down the well to lure the walker so they could fish it out, his first time using a dumpster to hide.

Shane and Rick's final showdown.

Carl I remember him being a brat but forgot how close he came to becoming a total psychopath.

How much I miss Dale and Andrea.

TDog deserved a longer run.

The Governor, I completely forgot about his gunning down of his own people. That was sickening.

Reactions: ctg