Where should I post a video link?

Evil Iggy

I've only got 5 posts to my name (6 with this one) so I'm still 10/9 posts from being able to post links but I wanted some opinions on where to post a three minute student video I made this last month.

It's based on the horror style of H.P. Lovecraft so I could post it on his author page, but its a film, not writing, and its not based on any actual story by him, just the concept of the faceless eldritch monstrosity.

Any suggestions for which page is most appropriate?

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
I have no idea where would be best for the video, so I'll check on that for you with the other mods.

However, a bigger problem is the linking itself. Although ordinary links are allowed from 15 posts, we take a much tougher attitude with links which are perceived as being self-promotional in any way. We expect all newcomers to the site to show a good interest in us and our activities and to participate in a meaningful way before we allow self-promotion.

So, for the moment, even if you hit 15 posts shortly, hang fire and don't try linking to the video at all.

Evil Iggy

I have no idea where would be best for the video, so I'll check on that for you with the other mods.

However, a bigger problem is the linking itself. Although ordinary links are allowed from 15 posts, we take a much tougher attitude with links which are perceived as being self-promotional in any way. We expect all newcomers to the site to show a good interest in us and our activities and to participate in a meaningful way before we allow self-promotion.

So, for the moment, even if you hit 15 posts shortly, hang fire and don't try linking to the video at all.
I understand what you're saying, though my vid is hardly self promotional except in the most simplistic "look what I can do!" kind of way. I'm YEARS away from making a career out of anything I produce.

BookStop

If you see a stranger...
I think there is a video of the day section; that might be a good place.

If you hang with us for any time at all, it'll be easy to get your post count up, EI, and I do hope you are willing. We like creative types :)

Evil Iggy

Cool. I'm usually an avid contributor to any forum I join so no worries about that.