Deathly Hallows split into two movies, Good or Bad?

Will the DH movie split help to tell the story, or is it just to make more money?

• Total voters

Evil Iggy

In your own opinion, do you think that splitting the story into two movies will help to improve the telling of the story, or is it just a tactic to make more money from the movie going public?

I think its both. Athough making more money is probably the primary objective.
I think there is a lot to cover in the last story. Consider just the background stories of Dumbledore, snape and even R.A.B. Those would at least be half a movie in length. Then there's the many battle scenes and emotional breakdowns and tantrums...
Anyway, I think it's a great idea:)

I saw the movie on the weekend and I think it was the best of the HP movies. I wasn't for the idea of splitting the movies but it really made a difference imo.

yeah, having seen the film, have to agree that splitting it strengthens the movies. theres an emotional depth to Deathly Hallows Pt1 that the other movies lack. Funnily enough Daniel Radcliffe even acts in this film. Hermione of course steals the movie often. Though Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman can do no wrong.

I think it is *so* much better split. I found myself a bit unhappy with the previous 2 as they missed out so much of the story, and rushed the plot.
The first films were very true to the books and now, lengthening the film time, we are back to a much more satisfying event.

I agree it's better as two movies - but would have been even better if they'd released part 2 in January... rather than making us wait - let's face it we're going to see it, whether it was released now or later, aren't we?

Having not read the books I come to the movie fresh with no preconceptions, and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, had it been any longer I would have started to fidget so the break seems to be a good idea.

Apart from having to wait, and put up with another six months of Mrs Perp. badgering me to read the books.

Incidentally, why is the poll closed? Is there a time-limit on these things?

Whoever set the poll (Presumably Evil Iggy) put a seven day timeout on it. This function is of course useful for competitions and the like, but doesn't seem necessary here. I'll go and…

Yes, it worked. Now EI can send me a pm complaining that he'd done it like that deliberately: the result was one two and two threes, by the way.

I read all the novels of the series. Harry Potter is far from being among my favorites in Fantasy/Sci-fi. Having said that, I always looked forward to the next book and movie. As a result of splitting the final book into two movies, the first movie was slow-going. I hope the 2nd movie part of Deathly Hallows will be much better.

The idea was brilliant. I really enjoy the first part. The point of releasing the second half in summer is to compete with te other summer films (and to break records)!

As with the success of splitting HP7, I am super psyched about The Hobbit being two films!

A great idea. When so many things happen in only a few chapters of the book, how on earth were they supposed to make a single movie of the whole book!?
It would be either a 6 hours movie or a 2 hours ride of rushed-confusing cuts.

DH I was great. I'm looking forward to DH II even though it's incredibly heartbreaking to see the movies end since HP books and movies are my childhood. :(

I agree. There was too many things going on in the last book to compress it all into one film - I will be in the queue to watch DH II when it comes out but will likely watch DH I on DVD or Pay-per-view movies to refresh my memory on it.

Not sure who would want to sit through a 6 hour film no matter how good - but an considering watching LotR all the way through in one movie fest sometime...