An Ongoing Traversal Of The Company Stories

clovis-man

Prehistoric Irish Cynic
Nothing much on this forum since her passing. Thought it might be about time for a new thread/post.

I'm continuing to work my way (in order) through the Company novels (and short stories). Reading The Graveyard Game currently. It's a great read: great story.Great characters. A wonderful literary presence.

But now I'm starting to feel anxious. The first Baker novel I read was The Life Of The World To Come. Just stumbled across it. Bought it, read it and was hooked. So I came into the series midway. Now I'm anticipating reading it again. It's been a couple of years and I need to get back into the story sequence. But there aren't that many stories left to read. I am becoming dismayed at the (perhaps inevitable) prospect of never getting to the bottom of the Dr. Zeus enigma.

Can anyone offer me any words of comfort?

I was also unhappy to see that her website (Kage, Her Page) seems to be not up and running today. I hope this is temporary. I was under the impression that friends and family would keep it going.

Bump.

The sound of the crickets is deafening.

"Kage her page" is back up & running. Just a temporary hiatus. I'm re-reading The Life Of The World To Come and it's making more sense now. Black Projects, White Knights is a nice story collection, but doesn't add much of anything to the Company dossier.

Anybody out there with a similar weltanschaung?

Yes. I need to check around to see if there's anything I've missed among the Company novels and stories. But I'm kind of hesitant to, because I really don't want to come to the point where there isn't anything new there for me to read. Because, you know, it's a universe that I really love, and I don't want it to end, even though I know she planned for it to end and may have even already written the end of it (I'd seen rumors) before she became too ill to work.

Back