Red Dwarf

Still my favourite ever TV line:
"This is a nightmare. I'm on the run from the fascist police with a murderer, a mass murderer and a man in a bri-nylon shirt...."
Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Ok, what's with all the wrongness? Or have I missed something? The quote you're looking for, Nanny-Ogg, isn't "Stoke me a clipper....", it's "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." Or was yours in another ep, because it does sound familiar...

I used to own series 1 - 5 on video, but I don't have them any more. I've had the pleasure of meeting Danny John Jules, Norman Lovett, Robert Llewellyn and Rob Grant & Doug Naylor, and I've also seen Chris Barrie live on stage at Loughborough (with Norman Lovett). I haven't met Craig Charles, but it is good to see him back acting again...in Coronation Street!

Favourite episode...Marrooned. I just loved the dialogue between Lister and Rimmer. "Your Guitar was made of canfer wood. It must have been worht a fortune. Burn the soldiers, burn them now!"

It's definately the best dialogue episode.

This is me with Danny John-Jules, taken in 1993 at Leicester Holiday Inn during the Trek/Dwarf convention. The other is DJJ autograph on the back of the pic, which he signed at the Dimension Jump con in Manchester that same year.

Attachments

• Jamie and Danny John-Jules.jpg
    Jamie and Danny John-Jules.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 616
  • DJJ autograph.jpg
    DJJ autograph.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 392
would like to note, the pink cat's suite has recently been given as a price in a uk gold competion. i missed it. sigh. would have loved to own a cat original...

Fantastic show. Unfortunately here in Australia it was only irregularly on and when they did show it, it was on late and I was a schoolgirl & no one I knew watched it. I loved when they went to that backwards universe where everything happened in reverse and Lister needed to do a turd. I also loved when they accidentally fed the T-Rex vindaloo. As some of us Aussies say, "Classique!" :D

Niolani in backwards it was the Kat who needed to, as you say, do a turd. He did much to his distress lol.

They are all fab I cannot choose just one episode as my fave, impossible!

It would be great if they did an episode where the crew meet the Kat people that went off in space in search of Figi with only Listers washing list as thier guide... one sock.... :eek:

Niolani said:
I loved when they went to that backwards universe where everything happened in reverse and Lister needed to do a turd. I also loved when they accidentally fed the T-Rex vindaloo. As some of us Aussies say, "Classique!" :D

I have the Red Dwarf book 'Backwards' based on that episode - very amusing!
I love all the episodes really - I'm always amused by the fact that their plot lines sometimes crop up in 'serious' scifi series/films, although I'm damned if I can think of an example at the mo, sadly!

has anybody seen the pilot episode for the us version of red dwarf, is was one of the worst things i have ever had the misfortune to see

Los Marilos said:
Ok, what's with all the wrongness? Or have I missed something? The quote you're looking for, Nanny-Ogg, isn't "Stoke me a clipper....", it's "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." Or was yours in another ep, because it does sound familiar...
rimmer says stroke me a clipper on the episode when he is made the new ace rimmer (series 7 i think) and the episode is named stroke me a clipper.
that episode is one of my all time favs, specialy when listers in the virtual reality room playing as a knight

"what is your name good sir knight" says the king
"i am Lister of smeg" replies lister
just class:D

kyektulu said:
Niolani in backwards it was the Kat who needed to, as you say, do a turd. He did much to his distress lol.
Ooopps,thanks kyektulu for that correction, I haven't seen it in years.:)

the books are really funny too....I made the mistake of reading one on the airplane--laughed out loud a couple too many times....

Niolani wrote:
I loved when they went to that backwards universe where everything happened in reverse and Lister needed to do a turd. I also loved when they accidentally fed the T-Rex vindaloo

Hee hee :D I have been waiting for the beeb to reshow the 'backwards' episode for yeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssss. I was like, only 2 months old or something when I first saw it (major exaggeration.) Maybe I should ... you know... buy the dvds ...