3.07: The Castle of Fyrien

Mouse

No thread on this yet? Didn't anybody watch it?!

I've just watched it on the iPlayer. I enjoyed it more than last week's episode but God, I can't stand Morgana's evil looks! It's too much, I understand that she's gone to the dark side, I don't need to see her pulling a face every five minutes! Gah!

I still find it really frustrating that Merlin can't just tell Arthur, or show Arthur, that he isn't useless and can actually use magic and help!

Cendred's still pretty foxy but it really bugged me when he pulled those two swords from behind his back. That's a pretty impossible thing to do, arms just aren't long enough.

I kinda like the Gwen/Arthur stuff, though Gwen's brother didn't seem to have much point.

Arthur has to open his eyes and ears. After all the noise Merlin made when he pushed back Morgause, I think it's really stupid for the producers to continue like this.

I didn't like Morgana evil smiles either. For a moment, I wished her dead together iwht her sister, but I suppose it's to much to hope for. After all, they need an evil person to keep the series going.

Arthur lied his father and went to save Gwen's brother, so this tells us a lot about his feelings for her.

Only just watched the episode today. I completely agree with Morgana's 'evil grin', for the love of god please stop doing it! I thought the director had had a word with her as she hadn't done it so much the last couple of episodes but it was back full force this week.

Arthur and Gwen have expressed their love for each other (in a roundabout way) huzzah! Though it would seem that that storyline has hit a bit of a dead end as there is nothing they can do about it until Uther shuffles off this mortal coil. Neither can Merlin do much magic. *FeedMe twiddles thumbs and waits for some plot development*

It was a prime opportunity for Merlin to leap out and take his place in the limelight when Morgause created the shiny tornado of doom but alas he muttered something from the doorway again. However, it was rather impressive, the boy has skills. And did you see the ceiling blocks thwack Morgause on the head?! If they hadn't been made of polystyrene they would most definitely have killed her. Ouch.

Yes Gwen's brother just seemed to be a plot device and didn't even have many lines but maybe he will crop up in future episodes.

A few nice humourous bits and Morgana was wearing a cracking outfit too.

I quite liked the episode too. (Thought the same about Morgause and the ahem concrete blocks, FeedMeTV).

I know there is a lot of complaint about the lack of character progression in this series, but it is there, even if it is so very slow. Arthur and Merlin have a much better relationship now, and despite the fact that Arthur does not know about Merlin's powers, I think he might suspect something, but is keeping his mouth shut.

There is definitely progression in the Arthur/Gwen relationship this episode, and of course we see that Arthur is more than ready to subvert his fathers wishes, and actually work against him, if in relatively small things if he feels it is for the greater good.

I'm pretty sure I read that there is a major change to come about midway through this season, so hopefully it will be next episode (unless they were bluffing and if there is a major change it will be at the end of the season)