1. A community of fans, aspiring writers, and published novelists, we are the world's largest - and friendliest! - science fiction and fantasy forums.

Registration is free, and we regularly give away free books and DVDs.

So why not join now and meet people with similar interests and tastes in books, movies, and TV?

Dismiss Notice

Is its Success Insured?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ursa major, Oct 24, 2010.

Ursa major

Ursa major Bearly Believable Staff Member

I'm not sure whether this is the write place for this true tail**, but...:

I suppose that in a world where real-life (though barely real) celebrities "write" best sellers using nothing more than a ghost writer, it's no surprise that imaginary celebrities are doing the same.

For all I know - the book isn't published until Friday and I'm not rushing to the bookshop to buy it - this is a good read, so I'll not use that obvious word to describe its purchasers. ;):)

** - I didn't have time to compare the meerits of the alternatives.

The Judge

The Judge Truth. Order. Moderation. Staff Member

I imagine it will be a far wittier and more entertaining read than some other memoirs which have been published recently (and more likely to be truthful, too...)

But I think Alexandr would be more at home among the Lounge Lizards than mere Aspiring Writers, so I'm moving him (and the thread). Simples.

Alex Davis

Alex Davis Well-Known Member

I somehow can't help but love these adverts... I half-expect to get this book for Christmas...

Perpetual Man

Perpetual Man Tim James

What do you mean imaginary? :eek:

Ursa major

Ursa major Bearly Believable Staff Member

Perhaps it was my misreading of my subconscious's shock at Orlov's success in this apparenly hirsute-averse modern world of ours. Perhaps what I should have written is:
    :rolleyes: