Which Game has the best SFF story?

vector7

sunny side up!
You guys would've played lots of games. Which according to you has the best story?

IMHO, the best story would be the Half-Life series. Brilliant storyline and an extra-ordinary execution. What will be your choice?

Gears of War? Crysis? Or something else... Please tell your views.

//This kind of thread may have risen up in the past. Let's try to make it new and interesting with the games that have come out now//

Yeah, i'd second the Half Life vote. I'd also like to throw Star Wars: Knights of the Old Replublic, Bioshock and Dead Space into the mix. (I also really enjoyed the stories from the Jedi Knight Games.)

And soon to be aerial utopia.

Gears of War - no way.

FFVII and FFVIII are my votes, and Mass Effect.

I love the Diablo universe. I recently got my hands on the novels, should be fun to read.

I did enjoy KOTOR as well.

KoTOR series
Baldur's Gate series
Mass Effect series (since it little more than an interactive movie, with you guiding the camera)
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 (won't call them a series, since the two stories have almost no links apart from peripheral NPCs)
Dragon Age: Origins
((i think its obvious that i'm a huge fan of virtually everything that BioWare produces))

Lord of the Rings Online has in incredibly rich story (if you follow the Epic quest chain), far far richer than any other MMO.

Baldur's Gate?? Seriously?? Have never played the game before. KoTOR is a nice choice. Having Mass Effect, not feeling like playing it.

Then, World of Warcraft should have a brilliant storyline if it comes down to MMOs. Does it not??

Tales of Symphonia (GC) one of the best rpgs EVER! hmmmmm what else....

Morrowind
Diablo
starcraft
crono trigger
FF7 and 9
Lunar
Ogre battle 64
Parasite Eve
Modern warfare 1 & 2
Time splitters
XenoGears

FFVII is my all time fav story.
Oblivion is another great one.
Assasins creed i find very original and quite refreshing.

FallOut: New Vegas. As one would expect from an Obsidian game, the story is compelling, complex, and the karma/reputation system makes a huge difference to the story, and its outcome.

Morrowind.

Quoted for great truth.
Also 'Gothic' 1 and 2, 'The legacy of Kain' series, 'Jak and Daxter' along with the sequels, 'God of war' 1, 2 and 'Ghost of Sparta'...and so many more.