Nanowrimo

Wow, I actually made it considerably past a one-day goal today, with an impressive (to me, anyway) 2108 words! And they are pretty coherent, too. :D

I'd actually keep going way past bedtime, but my back is in spasm.

1, 699 done. I don't think I was ever this slow last year. I think I've gotten busier since last year. I better work on being faster or I might be in trouble.

I did well yesterday, but I'm doing badly today. I'm at the stage of looking over yesterday's writing and going, "Wow. That's crap."

I've decided to have a go at this, and managed about 2000 words yesterday (although i could'nt get the damn site to work).
This is the first time I've ever taken part, and I'm actually pretty hyped for it. Even considering going to my local region meet-up thingy, all though I'm worried it might be full of weirdos:p

Digs, you're rocketing! Only one of my writing buddies is ahead of you at the mo.

2500 here. I'm thinking most of it is crap but I'm finding the experience liberating. Makes a change from agonising over character development.

Oh, I'm Nautigal over there. It seems next to impossible to get rid of an old name and get a new one. Hopefully you can find me, Mouse said she couldn't. I've only gotten a couple of people added myself, because it's so agonizingly slow.

I am 650 words behind the day two goal, the real world really screwed me over yesterday. I have a lot of frustration to take out on my characters.

Two days in a row, woohoo! Up to 3816 now. I think I'm about to get to the part that I don't know a thing about, though. I hope I'm not writing myself into a corner like I did last year. At least I know where I want to go this time, that's something.

I was 69 words behind yesterday but just couldn't stay up any later to write any more! Means I'll have to write extra today, but I'm off to view a house in a sec, then I have to do extra at work to make up for the not working now, then I have puppy class this evening. Eeeeeeep!

Digs, you're rocketing! Only one of my writing buddies is ahead of you at the mo.
Heh, probably just because I'm half a day or so ahead of you!

Here are the stages of NaNoWriMo I've experienced so far:

Day 1 - Yes! I can actually do this! I rock and so does my LIFE!
Day 2 - What. The. Crap. How did I ever think what I wrote was good? Everything I ever believed in has been betrayed. When my future fans (<- still a tiny breath of hope) discover this it'll be as though their worlds have been plunged into darkness. Hang on - a world plunged into darkness! That'd make a great story! *procrastination*
Day 2.5 - Ughhhh (<- hope dies).
Day 3 - Hey, this may not be the best writing ever, but there's some good stuff here. I'll churn it out now and fix it up later, it'll be tooootally publishable! (<- hope REBORN!)

It's a rollercoaster alright. I'm already finding myself smooshing aside other things in my life (assignments!) to fit in my writing.

My partner does NaNoWriMo every year, and every year she ends up with a half finished novel that she isn't happy with. For the last four years, the novel has been the same plot, same characters being rewritten. One of these days she'll move on and let that Lovecraftian horror story die.

I tried doing NaNoWriMo only once, and wrote a full 90,000 word manuscript in a little over the month (I had certainly acheived the required target to 'win'). I don't like telling myself "I'm going to write a book this month at a rate of X number of words per day" because it isn't the natural way that I work.

My partner does NaNoWriMo every year, and every year she ends up with a half finished novel that she isn't happy with. For the last four years, the novel has been the same plot, same characters being rewritten. One of these days she'll move on and let that Lovecraftian horror story die.
Haha, are you referring to the horror story that she's writing or the horror story she's living (rewriting the same novel every year for four years...*shudder*)

Finally made a start last night and did some this afternoon. I now have 2,301 words at least. A long way behind I know but at least I have started :)

I seem to have so many interruptions!

Oh well, I shall do the best that I can :)

Three days down, two chapters done, word count: 9,324. This is officially the best start I've ever made to nano, and I have absolutely no idea where it's all come from (well, it's come from my brain, obviously, but that actually makes it all the more perplexing...:p). Anyway, I'm just waiting for the wall to hit. It always does...

[quietly sobs]

I think I chose the wrong story. I'm now paralysed, trying to decide whether to forge ahead or start over.

This is a very confronting exercise for a serial procrastinator.

[quietly sobs]

I think I chose the wrong story. I'm now paralysed, trying to decide whether to forge ahead or start over.

This is a very confronting exercise for a serial procrastinator.

Keep what you've already done and have a 'steps out of the shower' moment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
SPoots Writing Discussion 138