Nanowrimo

Well, I've met my first quota, though I cheated a smidge, building on something I'd already started, years ago. I did do some editing and rewriting, though, so I'm counting it...

I made up a beginning while smoking a cigarette two hours ago. and I'm 1/4 towards today's goal... yeah!

Rainy day, dog is snoring soothingly in the background, got my grapes, my tea and my notes - now to begin!

...help.

Put a homicidal monkey in it, digs, that should help things along.

I don't know what else I can do from all the way up here, though....

I got really lucky because I glanced through a New Scientist on Saturday and the cover story was "50 Ideas to Change Science" (part one). So I just aped the idea that interested me the most.

Put a homicidal monkey in it, digs, that should help things along.
Cul, you may have just solved every writer's block I ever had.

This is actually pretty fun! I'd vaguely planned my story, but it's still turning out completely differently to anything I'd expected. It was actually meant to be a children's story, but I'm finding it hard to simplify my language - so it's now an adult's story with a children's plot.

Cul, you may have just solved every writer's block I ever had.

This is actually pretty fun! I'd vaguely planned my story, but it's still turning out completely differently to anything I'd expected. It was actually meant to be a children's story, but I'm finding it hard to simplify my language - so it's now an adult's story with a children's plot.

Like Dan Brown?

Edit: I need to sleep real hard, so I'll leave you with a link to my nano author page (check out my excerpt)
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/227299

Started 49mins ago here. Now if I only had a plot, villians, and knew more about the main characters...Oh well, I'll figure it out in the morning. I was going to start at midnight but maybe I should work some more on ideas.

I worked out a vague plot and characters with much enthusiasm :)

Now the time has arrived and I'm procrastinating already :(

(Actually, I rather like that title. :))
Me, too. But skim-reading the posts and then coming across the correction
Sorry, I meant The Window.
I had a mental jolt, not realising it was the "A" which was being corrected, and subconsciously re-read the original as "The Ticking of Clocks against the Widow"... :eek:

No way I could take part in this, as I'm a edit-as-I-go person, and the thought of writing and not correcting the mistakes makes me hyperventilate. I'm also nearing the end of WIP 2 and there's only about 25,000 words left, so I can't break off to write something completely different. But in a spirit of solidarity I shall try and get 15,000 (edited) words written in the first two weeks, which is almost double the best average I've ever managed.

And meantime, good luck to everyone.

Just signed up. Im hopeful of having a couple of free hours to spare this month due to jet lag and was determined to do something creative with it. This is just the spur I need!

Im signed up as sleepless1.

fingers crossed.

Wait, wait... people are plotting and planning?! I was just going to start writing and see what happens!

I reckon I'm going to fail. I've just started now and already been distracted by the internet. Plus, I'm like TJ, I can't help myself with the editing! I'm on 234 words and have already read it through and tweaked things a couple of times!

Also, looks like we're moving house soon, so I have that going on. Plus I'm still working on my novel, and I have the pup, and I have Bristol Con, and I have a friend coming down to stay with me for a few days soon, and I've agreed to review a book for the Horror Zine having never written a book review before in my life...

Is that enough excuses?! :D I'm don't like losing though, so I'm gonna give this Nano thingy a good go.

I'm a thrasher at heart, and I'm letting it all out. 1K achieved, hopefully I'll get on again later.

Ok, so far I've made a horrible looking map thing and 0 words. I'm going great this year!

First day goal met... yeah! Someone play some inspiring rock music that I can stand in front of and urge you all on.

Right, I'm up to 2,372 words, so a little ahead for the end of day one - mainly because I know I'll be out at least one evening this week...

Well done to everyone who has got off the starting line - you've already achieved something!

And if you haven't started yet - give it a go!! :)

The site is so slow, and I haven't got the slightest clue where exactly I can start writing(Novel info?, or do you guys just write on M-Word as usual?)

I write in Word. Then you can cut and paste into the word verifier on the Novel Info page to confirm the count, or just update by hand in the top right corner.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
SPoots Writing Discussion 138