The Al-Azif of the Mad Poet Abdul Alhazred

I am very happy to announce the first book to be published by the Viatorium Press: The Al-Azif of the Mad Poet Abdul Alhazred. It is of what I am calling the Sortilege series, a combination of arcane letterpress and very modern printing techniques. Quite intense to produce; an involved but ultimately ecstatic process. So far I've only posted the photos, no description, but have a look and enjoy.

The Viatorium Press

Now, that looks quite intriguing. I shall have to pick up a copy asap....

J. D., many thanks, your feedback is much appreciated. Contact info for the book is on the Viatorium blog. I am still trying to shape up into words an adequate description of this title. I think I'm still dazed from completing the project itself, and the great reception it received at the second annual Esoteric Book Conference here in Seattle. Thanks to all who have a look, I will have up the synopsis at some point soon.

-Joseph

After some days of brooding under the Sign of the Wayfarer, I've finally got a good synopsis of the Azif up at the Viatorium blog. Have a look and let me know what you all think. Working with Lovecraftian material has been an absolute joy. This has definitely inspired me to do more in the vein of HPL's work. There are a few ideas circulating, and I'm working out the details of doing a completely letterpressed book of his work. There is something about letterpressing an author's work that brings one closer to it, and a strange kind of resonance arises between printer and printed, as the words are re-created into new paper. I am driven to see Lovecraft's work get the dedicated typographic treatment that he missed out on in his lifetime...