What exactly was Leia’s escape plan in RotJ?

Heebie

I see how she infiltrated Jabba’s palace, i.e. disguised as a bounty hunter who had captured Chewie. Then she unfreezes Han and the first thing she says to him is that she has to get HIM out of there.

What about Chewie? Just leave him to rot in the cells, or get Han out first then hope no one notices he’s ‘off the wall’ while she sneaks in a second time to somehow bust Chewie out?

And to think… she moaned at Han and Luke in Ep4 about not having a good enough escape plan when they rescued her!

I'd love to see a Leia vs Chewie brawl. I think Leia might have some tricks up her gold-plated bikini.

I'd love to see a Leia vs Chewie brawl. I think Leia might have some tricks up her gold-plated bikini.

Yeah, you're just picturing rolling around with Leia while she wears that, aren't you?

(I know I am) :cool:

Spoilers:

Leia actually is a chubby chaser of inter-galactic proportions, and was secretly hoping to be captured by Jabba and made to wear that slave bikini outfit. Her plan worked perfectly... until Luke showed up.

I wonder if they'll make episodes 7-9. I hope not... was not impressed with 1 and 2. Shame really.

Spoilers:

Leia actually is a chubby chaser of inter-galactic proportions, and was secretly hoping to be captured by Jabba and made to wear that slave bikini outfit. Her plan worked perfectly... until Luke showed up.

Those over-protective older brothers, eh?

I always thought that Luke had forseen it all and they were just following his instructions.

I always thought that Luke had forseen it all and they were just following his instructions.

And me - and I assumed that he got Lando Calrissian accepted as a guard as well. The more people he could get in under cover the better, and Leia and Chewie were just part of the Grand Plan...

thaddeus6th said:
Leia actually is a chubby chaser...

LOL or yuck - can't decide...:p

Wow, I'd never thought of that theory before...but I guess it makes sense. You just altered my WORLD.

Wow, I'd never thought of that theory before...but I guess it makes sense. You just altered my WORLD.

Yeah, I'd never looked at it that way before. I never figured Luke had any premonitions. Maybe that's how he knew Vader was an okay sort of bloke after all?

Yeah, I'd never looked at it that way before. I never figured Luke had any premonitions.
When Luke had to leave Dagobar because his friends were in trouble, I think he had more than a gut feeling about them. However, it's a huge step from that, to a claircognizance of all future events.

When Luke had to leave Dagobar because his friends were in trouble, I think he had more than a gut feeling about them. However, it's a huge step from that, to a claircognizance of all future events.

Oops, that's right - so he did. I forgot that bit. I was too busy laughing at Yoda falling off his upside down foot (from what I remember).

Yes, Luke did have a certain foreknowledge about events to come. Whether he knew Leia would fail or not is not certain, but I think if she was successful then Lando could get Chewie and the droids out. Threepio was probably the only one ignorant of the whole plan. Poor Threepio, but he really didn't need more to worry about, did he?

Back