Just got Bearers of the Black Staff

halfbakedlibrarian

Terry Brooks Shannara series was my first Fantasy series. I picked up Ilse Witch when I read the back and it said "if you liked Harry Potter try this". I have booked on Fantasy ever since and have read all his Word/Void and Shannara books. Although I have read authors I like better, I have a soft spot for Brooks so I am excited to get the new one. I enjoyed the last Genesis trilogy so I hope this one is good. Anyone read it yet?

I picked it up about a week after it's release, and loved every second of it. While my favorite saga in the Shannara series is The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara, I've enjoyed each of the books in and of themselves, especially the Word/Void series. While it's not on as grand a scale as previous entries, it's entertaining from start to finish and I'm excited to see where the cliffhangers go once The Measure of the Magic is released next year. Can't wait to pick it up!

I actually read this before I read Genesis of Shannara, so I kind of spoiled that series a tad. What a freaking disappointment this book was following that trilogy!