Supernatural

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Anyone watching Supernatural at the moment?

Was forced to watch the first few episodes, initially against my wishes, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's not the cheesy lame superficial American fest I was expecting - instead, good characters, humour, good pacing, good stroylines (at least, so far).

Glad we've started as apparently there are at least 3 seasons and possibly a 4th.

So - anybody else watching this?

Pssh YAH! Its mine and the kids' fav show. We watch it all the time because we have all the episodes.

There are actually five complete seasons.

Season six starts next month.

I love this show so much that I envy you getting to watch it for the first time!

Yes, yes, oh yes. Love this show. It is a little cheesy at times, but in that humorous way that is endearing, not in the roll your eyes and sigh kind of way.

Season 2 is where it really hits its stride, season 4 a bit of a change, and I haven't yet seen season 5..

I kept seeing the ads for this when it was first on telly and was initially put off by the way it was marketed ('scary just got sexy', etc), but bought the first season on DVD a while ago because it was on special offer - and loved it! Quickly got the rest and watched in quick succession, and have been pretty impressed with most of it - there are a few bits that just didn't work for me but overall good fun. Hope you enjoy the rest!

Season VI starts tonight. Season V was quite tough. Too many demons and angels, except Castiel do not behave like angels. I saw some spoliers about his return.

I'm tempted to spoil the thread, but I don't want to say too much for those who have seen only the first seasons.

I have just spent most of the nights of the last 3 weeks watching the whole series so far (sad I know :p) and just finished watching s6e3 today. I love it. I like the characters in it, that they arent just one dimentional. I love the humour in it too-that they have the ability to poke fun at themselves where the situation requires it, and the pop culture references.I like that the mythology in it is not just of the Judeo-Christian variety. I think the creators of the series have the right balance between humour and seriousness.

Have been watching it regularly from day one and love it. I love the new story line with the Angels and Demons but I agree with you Alexa, the Angels just don't behave like Angels at all except Castiel.
And I am getting tired of how Dean has to argue with Cas every single time........get over it dude, he's just doing his job, now do yours!!

I was hoping that in season V things will change for the better. Unfortunately, there is no hope at all in Supernatural. It's like all the writers are depressed or have no idea about faith.

Well, season 7 started out really nice I'd say.

In retrospect for the topic, I really can't understand why some of you are really so distressed about how the creators decided to bring forth some of the creatures. Sure, they're not as you'd expect, but they're consistent with the show and how things work over there.

I must say I've loved how the series can go tongue in cheek sometimes. It's nice to see a show not take itself too seriously.

I must say I've loved how the series can go tongue in cheek sometimes. It's nice to see a show not take itself too seriously.

I loved the episode where they end up in a world/reality where they are the actors on the show 'Supernatural'. I think it was last season.

I have to say I am enjoying this season (7) so far. It has had a better start I feel than season 6 has.

Cayal, that episode is called "The French Mistake" and your right it was from last season.

Yeah, season 7's been good so far. I'm enjoying it a lot more than the previous season at the same stage, although 6 really picked up in the latter stages, imo.

6 had the problem that it followed 5 (yeah, sounds stupid, bear with me). 5 felt like a natural ending for the series, it didn't leave much for a sequel and the first few episodes of 6 gave out that feeling that the producers were just trying to somehow tie it with the rest of the series. It did pick up afterwards and turned out nice, but I can't see many ways in which the start could've been helped along.

I tend to have to wait until it comes out on DVD before i get to see this series and Ive followed it from the start.
I have enjoyed all the seasons, but I still think season 1 was its best

5 felt like a natural ending for the series, it didn't leave much for a sequel and the first few episodes of 6 gave out that feeling that the producers were just trying to somehow tie it with the rest of the series. It did pick up afterwards and turned out nice, but I can't see many ways in which the start could've been helped along.
Yeah, I think they had a five season storyline planned, so it was always going to be tricky at the start of season 6 - the price of success, I guess.

From the interviews I've read they really did have just a 5 season storyline planned out but decided to go the Buffy way: end a major mythology and begin anew. It was an awkward transition as anyone could've expected, but at least they managed to come through.
I like that the characters themselves grew. As weird as Robo-Sam was, you really can't appreciate the character as he was until you lost him.

Back