Jen wants to paint fantastical things!

This is pretty much one of the reference photos used:

double-crested-basilisk--_DSC9843.jpg

And have a very covered up lady.

concealed_diviner.jpg

wow JenJen, love your art, I love the amazing detail you have put into the clothing, I work mainly in watercolour also!
I prefer traditional media as well.

Hi there!

Watercolour is brilliant, isn't it? :D
What else do you dabble with?

Gouache is brilliant. It brings a bit of strength and body to an otherwise very wishy-washy medium like watercolour. I'm still trying to force myself to use it more, but I have this irrational fear of opaque mediums :p

Have you heard of alla prima's? Doing an oil painting in ONE SITTING. It's a bit mad. I suggest youtubing it. Some crazy artists out there doing portraits in oil in just a few hours. Now that's something I could think about exploring properly. .. Sometime.

Would not have the patience to work on one painting for several years. A bit too high speed over here. :p

I like to try lots of things: pastels, oils, acrylics i have even made quite a few OOAK polymer clay sculpts of faeries etc. I like watercolour as it is quick, but i can not resist the smell of oils!
if you like creating quick sketches you should really come and join us for the monthly Sketch Fest started by Ellen Million!

That girl in the very first post stands like I do. (I dunno why, but if I'm shoeless and stationary, chances are I'll be standing on one leg like some kind of bird).

Man, these pictures are awesome. Most envious, painting's always been beyond me and I'm only good at drawing if I'm copying something. Love the caravan one, disappearing into the distance.

Hello hello!

I love standing on one leg too. Not sure why that is. Just seems more comfortable? Although that doesn't really make any sense.

Here's a quick study of a tribal belly dancer:

bellydancer_spontaneous.jpg

And a steampunk inspired explorer, emerging from a teacup ...
... I don't know!

teacup_explorer.jpg

Love that first one, once again you do do movement and expressions very well.

Love the second picture as well, though the emerging from tea cup bit... I guess you've already answered the obvious question with "I don't know" :p

Perhaps that explorer doesn't like to fly in saucers....

(And I agree with Vertigo: your picture of the dancer is full of movement and energy.)

Been in a bit of a belly boogie mood lately, so here's a cleaned up version of that blue painting:

blue_bellydancer_final.jpg

And a red dancer to accompany her!

bellydancer_red.jpg

Wow, JenJen. All I can say is wow. I think you have both talent and a gift.

...and as it isn't meant to be humorous, it doesn't matter if it's a little bit blue. :rolleyes::)

It's obvious she's turned blue because she's catching her death of cold! Don't any of these women believe in wearing clothes?!

If that's The Judge you're referring to, you're making a common but incorrect assumption, I'm afraid...;)

Oh really!? :D
That's a surprise in the morning for me.

But then again, I guess there's no female way of saying Judge. Judgess...

Back