Kevin J Anderson

biodroid

A.D.D.
I picked up The Edge of the World and it looks good but I see a lot of ppl complaining about KJA's writing. I read a few pages of it and it seemed fine to me. What do you reckon?

I have read a lot of KJA including all of his Star Wars books and his Saga of the Seven Suns. Personally, i enjoyed them as for me they were easy to get into and ideal for reading on the train to and from work.

I would say that he writes all of his books as though they were for "young Adults" so the tend to be a bit cliché and simplistic.

Well I've read the Saga of Seven Suns and Terra Incognita Trilogy [Edge of the World(2009), Map of All Things(2010), Key to Creation(forthcoming)] and I must say I enjoyed his works although it seems a bit on the simple side and attracts those readers who really like stories that grips them, basically a cliff-hanger type of writing if I must say.

I don't think there's any difference between KJA on his own and KJA with a collaborator. I get the impression he does most of the work anyway, and they pretty much just come up with some ideas and lend their name to the cover. Either way, his books should be avoided.

KJA is light reading---quick, simple pleasant SF to read when you are not in the mood to ready something world-shaking.

I read a few and found them okay. Give the book a try. Many people dislike but many people also like him.

KJA is light reading---quick, simple pleasant SF to read when you are not in the mood to ready something world-shaking.

I read a few and found them okay. Give the book a try. Many people dislike but many people also like him.

Nicely put. He's been selling a lot of books to someone.

Since you've already bought some of his books now, you might as well just get stuck in and find out for yourself rather than let anyone here put you off! ;)

Since you've already bought some of his books now, you might as well just get stuck in and find out for yourself rather than let anyone here put you off! ;)

hey, there's no bad writer, there's just different taste.. :D
well one of the first authors that I've read in SF are KA. so I can't really badmouth him as I enjoyed his works. :)

Hehe, you are right there. I read the first 10 pages and it ws pretty good so far just finishing with the Night Angel book 2 before I decide what to take up next.

hey, there's no bad writer, there's just different taste.. :D

Have to disagree there. Bad writers very definitely exist. It doesn't matter how popular or successful they are - quantity is not quality, and never has been.

Have to disagree there. Bad writers very definitely exist. It doesn't matter how popular or successful they are - quantity is not quality, and never has been.

Ok, I don't have any qualms there, but after I read the works of AR or IMB or PH... I do have a hard time re-reading KA's books.

Well, perhaps he should have said that no matter how badly some authors are said to write, others may still enjoy it.