August 2010 Photo Challenge

mosaix

Shropshire, U.K.
Supporter
The theme for August is :

The Same, But Different

The theme should be expressed within a single photo, rather than two slightly different photo's of the same thing.

The usual rules apply
:

- only two photographs per participant
- do not use photographs already posted around the site
- voting begins on, or around, the 27th of the month
- the winner must post a new challenge within a couple of days
- all Chrons members welcome to enter
- all Chrons members may vote (including those who do not enter the competition)

And just to clarify:

- the photograph must be one you have taken yourself (perferably one you have taken for the challenge, but posting old photos is fine as long as YOU took them)

Best of luck!!

Interesting theme, Mosaix - I hope I've got the right idea!

My first entry: all the same item, but virtually all different.
DSCN1843.jpg

I think the right idea is how each individual interprets the theme. It's unlikely there's going to be a 'wrong' idea. :)

It's an interesting theme choice. Looking forward to seeing what people produce.

A very interesting theme! It's really got me thinking...

And I'd say, personally, that you've definitely hit the nail on the head with that shot, Taly! A good demonstrative start to the challenge!

I've been waiting ages for the white fuchsia to open up. Finally did. I prefer the purpley coloured one though.

36788_414323265892_652560892_4649432_6239639_n.jpg

Ok, this is my first go at this, and I think my camera (from my phone) is rubbish. But....

Photo011_001.jpg

It didn't work! :(
Trust me it was brillant! ;)

When I first saw the theme for this month, my mind went blank.

I've since been lucky enough to get some great inspiration, which is reliant on things going on in my locality. But the entries so far have already blown me away.

Great interpretations! Can't wait to see more . . . .

:D

When I first saw the theme for this month, my mind went blank.

I made a list of about 6 possibilities and chose the one that made my mind go blank as well.

That was the only thing I could think of that wouldn't give me a head start on anyone else.

I'm still struggling a bit. I only wish I'd thought of Vertigo's idea before he did! :)

Right, I'm having another go. I have just opened a picturebucket account, so this should (fingers crossed) work.

PianoPedals.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I am allowed 2 entries, am't I?
that last one was a bit big, so I've made one smaller. Not too small though.

WhichWaynow.jpg

:)
I'm just pleased I've managed to enter this comp.

Wow there are some really nice photos appearing - love the humming birds, how did you catch that!

And Mouse - you do like your flowers :D nice one!

I do love flowers! :D I was deciding between this'n and a photo I took of a load of jams and cakes at the local country show... went for the flowers though.