At The Mountains of Madness Finally being green lighted!!!

I for one am super excited about this movie.

The more mainstream Lovecraft the better.

I hope somebody adapts Shadow Over Innsmouth next(Dagon was good, but I'd like something even more faithful).

Ron Perlman is one of the few known actors fitting as a presence in the "Lovecraftian artwork".But he almost said ,during this interview,that hellboy 3 is a greater filming possibility ,than "at the mountains of madness"....

Well, the word on the street now is that James Mcavoy and (wait for it...) Tom Cruise are to star. Mcavoy as Dyer, apparently.

I'll reserve judgement on Tom. Maybe the Mythos resonates with his dianetic beliefs or something and he'll give a top class performance.

Mr. Tumnus as Dyer? No thanks.

Maybe as Danforth, but not Dyer.

And I really wouldn't mind Cruise as Dyer as long as he grew a beard for the role. He's still a good actor regardless of the Scientology craziness.

Or hell, what about John Hurt? He'd be pretty great as Dyer.

Alright, I'll stick me head out on this one- Tom Cruise will bring a far bigger audience in than we Lovecraft fans could ever hope to muster, which can only be a good thing.

Plus... y'know... Cruise can pull a good performance out of the hat if he's into the material (Interview with..., Minority Report, Jerry blumin' whatsisface). I would have prefered Depp (if we're talking big guns, here) but I'll settle for Cruise.

oh and forgot to say,something ,about m.night syamalan-even though his latest efforts ,are not as critically acclaimed or commercially successfull,doesn"t change the fact ,that he is a fan of 'atmosphere building" and not of high paced action ,like Cameron and even Del"Toro turns out frequently to be.Do you know many like that in the filming scene today?Well,i dont remember many myself-and you should ask St.Joshi himself,if he would prefer to work with someone ,that he could speak the same language,both literally and artistically(in the form of specialized artistic expressiveness)....

Sorry nig, M. Night is definitely not the guy to do Lovecraft, Del Toro is much better. I have never been a fan of M. Night, his movies just don't impress me at all.

ASF_0063.jpg

I wish! Used to have some nice pulps, but anything valuable like this I would have sold and invested in modern sciFi paperbacks.
It's a great image isn't it- what is that thing!?

I wish! Used to have some nice pulps, but anything valuable like this I would have sold and invested in modern sciFi paperbacks.
It's a great image isn't it- what is that thing!?

I read MOUNTAINS a few years ago for Halloween but can't remember exactly what they encountered in the cave/cavern/whatever. Looks great!