Sherlock (Steven Moffat BBC series)

I mean that they are suggesting Doyle made Adler such image that Moffat in his version was just a perversion of "that woman," where as I personally applaud the new Adler being one, who I'd see being Sherlock's opposite.

Being Sherlock's opposite, the new Adler also made Sherlock more human. The interaction between the two were done superbly from the beginning to the end, brain-sexy indeed!

So I read on twitter from Beneict Cumberbatch's fan account that filming for Series 3 starts in March aiming for a Late 2013/early 2014 release.

That is really good news.

Sherlock will be hiding in plain sight upon his season 3 return, so don't expect an elaborate disguise...

Contains a spoiler for the Sherlock series two finale.

A high-vis security guard jacket and dog collar aside, one aspect of Conan Doyle's character that the BBC's Sherlock has yet to fully exploit is the art of the Holmesian disguise, whereby the Great Detective would transform himself into an kindly tramp or buxom washerwoman with the help of a smudge of coal dust and a wide-brimmed hat.

That's all part of the creators' plan, reveals Mark Gatiss, "We made a decision right from the get-go that he would not do disguise in the traditional sense. He actually has a line in The Great Game which is 'The art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight' and that was because, right from the start, I thought modern day Sherlock Holmes would not put putty noses on, he would basically be standing behind you now and you wouldn’t know he was there. Ben [Cumberbatch] has put on various costumes, but it’s more about being invisible.”

We presume that means that the character's return in series three won't follow too closely its corresponding story from the Conan Doyle canon, The Empty House, in which Sherlock (whom Watson believes dead) emerges from an elderly bookseller disguise.

Let the theorising recommence!
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/sherlock/24299/mark-gatiss-talks-sherlocks-series-3-return

Two bits of news!

The first episode of the third series will reveal how Sherlock survived, and has been described by Cumberbatch as an "absolute stonker".

"You are in for an absolute stonker. It's going to be a treat," said Cumberbatch, when asked about yesterday's initial read-through rehearsal for the first episode of the new series, which will finally explain how the detective survived his fall from the roof of St Bart's Hospital.

Secondly, there will be a fourth series!

"We've agreed to two more series but I could get into trouble for saying that," revealed Cumberbatch at the South Bank Show Awards this afternoon.

"All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [episodes of the upcoming series] and another three."

The star added that he would like to see the show continue beyond a fourth series but admitted it would depend on whether he, Freeman and co-creator Steven Moffat could find the time to do it.

stonker: it's a little used adjective for something that is superb, brilliant

Words are fascinatining? I didn't realise it was a British expression. According to this urban dictionary it actually has a Latin derivation which fits with Cumberbatch's public school background: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stonker
And it is sexual (which I did know) but yes, anything enormously huge.

By Autumn, I expect he means following the Summer holidays when they usually begin the new TV scheduling - so in this respect, probably early September?

Words are fascinatining? I didn't realise it was a British expression. According to this urban dictionary it actually has a Latin derivation which fits with Cumberbatch's public school background: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stonker
And it is sexual (which I did know) but yes, anything enormously huge.

By Autumn, I expect he means following the Summer holidays when they usually begin the new TV scheduling - so in this respect, probably early September?

Bugger, I'm out of the country.

Three weeks to the beginning of the third series. I would have liked to paste an article but for some weird reason pasting doesn't work in the chronicles.

Three weeks to the beginning of the third series. I would have liked to paste an article but for some weird reason pasting doesn't work in the chronicles.
I thought the earliest the third series would be shown would be in late Autumn.

According to Wiki:
the final episode is scheduled to be recorded in late summer.

Ursa there has been couple of other articles I wanted to link here, but for some weird reason I'm not able to copy any of them nor can I provide URLs in this thread. Sorry.

I'm sure I saw an article (which I came across while looking for something else, so I can't recall where it was) where Cumberbatch said the third season may be shown towards the end of the year.

In the meantime, and not that I trust the accuracy of UK "news" papers, but a story in the Daily Mirror from yesterday states:
Danish actor Lars Mikkelsen has been lined up to play the nemesis of Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock for the third series of the BBC hit drama.
To me, 'lined up' suggests that the actor hasn't yet been in front of Sherlock's cameras.

Martin Freeman looks more like Dr. Watson now with that mustache. :) Just remembered how much I loved that music!