Release date for The Crippled God

Hey, cut Erikson a little slack. The guy has steadily produced a novel a year. This delay is nothing compared to GRRM's ADWD.

It's the last one as well, so he probably wants to end it well.

Clansman - only joking about the grrrrr stuff, hehe, I have only read the first 2 so need to take about 2 years before I get up to it anyway. Big books + slow reading speed = 1.5 months per book for me. :)

Clansman - only joking about the grrrrr stuff, hehe, I have only read the first 2 so need to take about 2 years before I get up to it anyway. Big books + slow reading speed = 1.5 months per book for me. :)

I hear you, bio. I'm only on House of Chains myself, but the series gets better and better (I am actually understanding the story now, and am sorely tempted to start over again before moving on to book five).

I don't think I've ever looked forward to book more - well maybe "Seeress of Kell", a huge disappointment that turned out to be.
I've been saving "Dust of Dreams" to read them both together. Now I'm considering taking two weeks off in February to read from the start.
Some might think it a bit sad - or maybe very sad - but that's just about my perfect holiday. One big shopping trip, turn off the phones and settle down on the sofa for two weeks :D

Last edited:
Me too, Nixie!

Although if The Crippled God isn't coming out until 2011 over there, that probably means 2012 over here and you're complaining? :p:D

I am fine with the release date since I want to reread the whole series first.

I stopped halfway through Bonehunters and am still deciding whether I will read web cribs to get me back up to speed before finishing the series or whether to start from the beggining again...hmmmm

Pre-ordered. :D

Makes it easier for me to choose which books to take to Uni this term - Dust of Dreams is definitely going to be one.

Not too far away at all now is it...

I'll proably read the entire series again this year once it is released.

Me too, Nixie!

Although if The Crippled God isn't coming out until 2011 over there, that probably means 2012 over here and you're complaining? :p:D
Let's just take a moment to clarify that shall we?....That's in the Western region of Australia as opposed to the rest of the country folks....;)

This release date is perfect for me.

Currently reading Toll The Hounds (about half way) so I should have Dust of Dreams just about finished by the time this is released :D

Me too, Nixie!

I'm in New Zealand and we have a Feb 21st release date. Just checked an Aus online store and it's out Feb 15th there! And you're complaining? ;).

Was going to post a link to the aus store, but I don't have enough posts to be trusted. I'm still a sinister character it seems :cool:

I'm with you there Gollum, just as soon as i dig them out of the boxes in the loft :(