[Dresden] "Side Jobs" October 2010

Rothgar

Coming out a little sooner to whet our appetite, and a nice compilation to boot. Easier than trying to buy all the anthologies the stories were released in. October 26th to be exact.

Should be every short story to date:

• "Restoration of Faith"
  • "Vignette"
  • "Something Borrowed" -- from My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
  • "It's My Birthday Too" -- from Many Bloody Returns
  • "Heorot" -- from My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • "Day Off" -- from Blood Lite
  • Backup -- novelette from Thomas' POV, originally published by Subterranean Press
  • The Warrior -- novelette from Mean Streets
  • "Last Call" -- from Strange Brew
  • "Love Hurts" -- from Songs of Love and Death
  • Aftermath -- post-Changes novelette from Murphy's POV, EXCLUSIVE to this anthology!
sjPrev.jpg

Great news! I'd been wondering whether the short stories would be released like this (as I haven't read any of them), but this will definitely be on my must-read list.:)

if you're itching to get a head start - the two that are linked are available online. =) The rest are in other anthologies -- and they're all good. =) *might be slightly biased*

I feel like a bit of an idiot now - I'm a member of the forum there, and I didn't even know that those two short stories were there.:eek:

Going to read those now.:)

Ok - slight amendment to my previous - the last one is only in *this* collection, but the others are still in other books. But - yup, those first two have been online for a little while... and they're a lot of fun. *g*

I think Jim should put his notes on writing, that he's posted on his forum, out as a small book also. It's interesting reading about the methods he uses to put the stories together.

I agree. =)

He has a LiveJournal too - that he hasn't posted to in a v. long time - but he's listed some things about writing that are very interesting and useful.

All I can say is that I'm buyin' it. I have read a couple, but I absolutely have to have the complete up to date set.

Yippee! :D

This released yesterday to most of the world, 'today' to still a few segments. =)

Mine's in the mail, on the way... *g*

I think it's already had a paperback release - in the UK and Europe, anyway. My copy of Side Jobs is paperback (UK copy, bought last year).

It's a good book, too - I must reread it sometime.:)

I think it's already had a paperback release - in the UK and Europe, anyway. My copy of Side Jobs is paperback (UK copy, bought last year).

True, but it is too large for me -- even higher than the ridiculously shaped pb's of the Dresden Files that Roc have put out of late.