[Dresden] "Ghost Story" March 2011

Rothgar

It's a long time away yet but here's the cover art! It will be interesting to see which direction Jim plans on taking the story after the big cliffhanger.

That cover art is amazing! I don't mind the UK covers, but this one is much nicer, in my opinion. After Changes, I can't wait to read this!

I'm glad the titles are back to the parallel words. I understand why 'Changes' was different, but I like the two word titles. =)

And since Harry's kneeling in front of his own gravestone, I wonder if the person who gave it to him is coming back into play. *g*

I'd forgotten about that - should be interesting!

I notice that Harry doesn't have his glove on, either. Now I'm really curious!

I'd forgotten about that - should be interesting!

I notice that Harry doesn't have his glove on, either. Now I'm really curious!

His hand had been healing. Though, just because he's not wearing it in the cover art doesn't mean all that much... unless he was wearing it on other covers (which I don't recall right off).

I wonder if the first few chapters will be posted online this time. They would have to include major story spoilers.

Warning..if you haven't read Changes possible spoiler below!!!!
Stop here if you don't want to know a detail about Changes.

He's still wearing his duster (disintegrated at end of Changes) and he's still wearing a hat... He never actually got a hat. He just keeps threatening to. So, the details in the cover art may not be a help in guesses about how the book goes.

Of course if Harry is some kind of ghost it may be that he "sees himself" in his duster or something...we'll just need to wait.

I hate waiting...

Great books though.

stiill got 50 cents to find out what happened to mister his bobtail kitty i talked to him several year's ago and told him about mr rack my 25 pnd bobtail and how much like a dog he was please pray for his cat as in this whole life if you are very lucky you will have 5 freinds half as true as a good pet. still think he will show up at murpys house. as she said in last book he is the close,st thing to a mountain lion this side of 100 miles.

Absolutely! Mister is a character that knows how to survive and return to the scene of the food dish. I have complete confidence in Mr. Butcher to provide for this nifty cat.

The foo will of course be on scene somewhere. He may even hit the shan. :eek:

Update as of MarsCon 2011

Ghost Story will be delayed. It's due to be published in July 2011.

Jim was having some difficulty pushing through some of the plot elements and needed a little more time to finish it up.

So - it's still coming this year, just a few months later than expected.

Warning..if you haven't read Changes possible spoiler below!!!!
Stop here if you don't want to know a detail about Changes.

He's still wearing his duster (disintegrated at end of Changes) and he's still wearing a hat... He never actually got a hat. He just keeps threatening to. So, the details in the cover art may not be a help in guesses about how the book goes.

The hat thing is a joke between him and the artist. Because of it you will always see a hat on the cover and Harry will never actually get a hat.

Update as of MarsCon 2011

Ghost Story will be delayed. It's due to be published in July 2011.

Jim was having some difficulty pushing through some of the plot elements and needed a little more time to finish it up.

So - it's still coming this year, just a few months later than expected.

Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'd rather wait the extra few months if it means that the book will be as good as Changes. Jim always manages to write so many books in what seems like a short space of time, so I wouldn't want him to burn himself out either.:)

The hat thing is a joke between him and the artist. Because of it you will always see a hat on the cover and Harry will never actually get a hat.

It may be a joke *now*, but it started out as a question from the publisher or something, b/c Chris McGrath's original drawing for the first cover he did had Harry w/o the hat. Chris was asked why Harry didn't have a hat and added it b/c that's what you do when someone else is calling the shots about your paycheck. And now, Jim gets asked about the hat... which isn't supposed to be there. =)

It is particularly funny because Harry's hatred of hats gets pretty extreme as the series proceeds. Though he regrets it in Changes.

The hats on the covers get bigger as well as the series progresses. I find the in-joke quite funny.

But there are times Harry keeps vowing to get a hat...along with spurs for his cowboy boots...

SPOILER BELOW

I wonder if that will change now...or if things are worked out ....he'll replace the duster etc.?

By the way, I know he works hard and if there's a delay there's a delay, but I may need hospitalization to make it. April seemed a long wait. :)

By the way, I know he works hard and if there's a delay there's a delay, but I may need hospitalization to make it. April seemed a long wait. :)

Could be worse - he could be GRRM...;)

There's a short story in Side Jobs set between Changes and Ghost Story, but it doesn't really make the wait any less frustrating.

possibly spoilery....

The only thing I really know about Ghost Story so far is that Harry has to solve his own murder.

Could be worse - he could be GRRM...;)

There's a short story in Side Jobs set between Changes and Ghost Story, but it doesn't really make the wait any less frustrating.

I will be fine as long as it is released before July :) Once I know the real date I can start re-reading the series again (well at least 2 weeks before the publication date )

[note: removed linky above to allow me to post]

I will be fine as long as it is released before July :) Once I know the real date I can start re-reading the series again (well at least 2 weeks before the publication date )

Amazon has 26 July 2011 as the publication date.

and, according to Jim's twitter update from last night, he's working on chapter 34. I've no idea how many chapters there will be in total, but probably around 40 or so.

I devour these books too quickly once I have them.

In an odd way a delay doesn't bother me.