Stravaganza: The City Of Masks Movie

Novella

This is for Mary and everyone else.

Dear Mary,
City of Masks is an amazing book and it should absolutely be made into a movie. It has everything. Action, suspense, thrill, and romance.:eek:

If there a movie was to be made (fingers crossed) who would you like to play the main characters, i.e Rodolfo, Sylvia, Lucian and Ariana.

I already know which actors i want to see play the characters but I want to know what you think.

Novella.

P.S. Anyone reading this should contribute too.

Hey,

This is a question I've been wondering about for awhile...

Has City of Masks been entered for a movie?
I don't know what it's called.

Just a thought..

Well, that's very kind of you both. Yes, Masks has been submitted to movie companies but we're still waiting for someone to want to invest the necessary big money to make it.

I used to talk about who I'd like to play the characters but that now seems like jinxing the possibility. What do you all think?

Mary

I know that this has very little relevance, but I just saw an advert for a Volvo and it showed clips from the Twilight movies.

I wonder if Stephanie Meyer knew how much publicity she would give the Swedish company when she wrote the books.

Anyway, I'm glad that Masks has been submitted for a movie. Some one is bound to love the story line.

I don't really know who I would like to play the characters, but I would like their appearances to stay the same.

Aww I really love your books and I really wish for a great movie. I've just said to my best friend: "You have to read this. I've read it 7 times and the other books also. It would be my absolute dreamrole to play Arianna." So if somebody makes a movie of your books I would defenitly come to any casting for it anywhere. :) It would be great if you could tell me where to come when. ^^

IF, great big if, notice, there were ever to be a movie of Stravaganza, I would post the information here, on both my websites, my blogs, Facebook, Twitter - and doubtless climb to the nearest rooftop with a megaphone!

What I can't do is let know personally the hundreds of young women who have written to me saying they'd like to play Arianna.

And there is absolutely no news on the film front. Sorry.

But I'm very glad you like the books, which is what really matters.

Mary

Yes I know. Who does NOT want to be Arianna? :) That's why I've asked for the casting.^^ I've put "Like it" on your facebookpage now and hope for you and for anybody that your brilliant book will turn into a great movie one day. Bella

I think that I would audition too, if I could.

The thing is though, that it might not be open casting, so you would have to write a resumee and do a load of other things so...

Anyway, I hope that if it is made into a movie it will be made into a movie by a big, good, company, not by someone like Disney, who might write the part for Miley Cyrus or Selena Gomez (et cetera) or make it into a made-for-TV movie.

Not that I have anything against them but I feel that if the part is WRITTEN for someone, then it is written as the actress/actor rather than the character. And I like proper movies better than made-for-TV movies.

I agree with you A I 13 :) the part of Arianna would have to be cast to a great actress and be directed by someone excellent. If they spoiled it... which I'm sure wouldn't happen. :) Wouldn't it be great if the movie did get made and it got loads of publicity; like JK Rowling's Harry Potter. Even being an extra would be good enough for me :D Anyway, I've been thinking about these books becoming movies and I think they'd be fantastic. Just incase those film people are reading this... :D

Yes I know. Who does NOT want to be Arianna? :)

Me. I want to be Silvia... *blush*

But maybe I'm still on age to be Arianna, everybody says that I look younger (I'm, near to 25).

I have a Stravaganza dream cast... but it's mexican... he...

Last edited:
Well all I know is that my greatest dream is to become a director and if I manage to succeed, I will surely try to make a film out of Stravaganza :D

I know the odds aren't exactly in my favor, but who knows? I might just get the chance and grab it! If there is no Stravaganza film when I become a director - because I'm positive I will become one - then I will make one by myself!!

Thank you and all the best for you :)

Well all I know is that my greatest dream is to become a director and if I manage to succeed, I will surely try to make a film out of Stravaganza :D

I know the odds aren't exactly in my favor, but who knows? I might just get the chance and grab it! If there is no Stravaganza film when I become a director - because I'm positive I will become one - then I will make one by myself!!

Thank you and all the best for you :)

Well, that's a lovely dream and I hope I am still around to see it come true so that I can come to the première!

Oh, a movie would be great! And I'm sure they would find perfect actors! ;)

Yes, a movie would be great, it would be even more alive then it is already.
As long as it is a good movie, I'm okay with it :).

And which actors? I don't know, I always pick the wrong ;)

But I would like the movie in English and (I)Talian!

Yes, a movie would be great, it would be even more alive then it is already.
As long as it is a good movie, I'm okay with it :).

And which actors? I don't know, I always pick the wrong ;)

But I would like the movie in English and (I)Talian!
Yes Dragon Thorn,
I would too like to have the movie in English and (I)Talian.
But making the movie must be difficult (all the Talian places long ago...)

But the results... They would probably be fine (at least to me, 'cause I <3 Stravaganzas)

;)

For a long time I've been wondering about this, how come there's still no Stravaganza movie? I think it would be spectacular if made with effort, loyal to the books plotline and with a big budget. Because let's be honest, just the wardrobe for this would be quite costly! And for someone to do this properly, they need the money.

I'm usually not that big a fan of movies made from books, so for myself it was a surprise I was even pondering this. But I think the book has it all, and not just Masks, the following books also have what it takes. I think it could EASILY be as big a success as the Chronicles of Narnia movies - which I loved! Hoping they'll make the rest as well.

The first time I read the book was ten years ago, and I remember reading it many times, and now after having read it again after a long time, I found it as thrilling as the first time. Oh I hope this movie will happen! Greetings from Finland :)

What a lovely comment to find! (Sorry - I haven't been on Chrons for a while and was actually in Venice when you posted this!).

We have been rather unlucky with film rights and currently are seeking new representation for Stravaganza but these things all take ages. It's probably better not to think about it and just be thrilled if it ever happened.

But I'm so glad you like the books so much and we know we have those.

You are very correct, we do have the books. I love reading and I read a lot, and the fun thing of not having it yet on film (ha, see the use of the word 'yet', I firmly believe it will happen one day :D) allowes everyone to imagine their own world of Talia :) But I bet a trip to Venice would give a more realistic idea what it could be like, so I'm very jealous of your recent trip :D But perhaps one day I'll visit Venice too ^^ I'll make sure I'll take one specific book with me for travel reading ;)

But all the best to you and with writing! I can't wait to read more of your books in the future :)