[Crackpot]Timett Highlander= Half-Aeryn

Young stormlord

Thousand eyes and one!
Serbia, Land of a friendly people and bad politica
Ok, this one is definitely a long-shot. Remember Timett, highlander that served Tyrion for half AGOT and whole ACOK? Timett was/is one of the Burned Men clan. His most noticeable trait is that he had burned his eye with a hot knife during adulthood reaching ritual, which was so mad/brave/madly brave that it filled other Burned Men with such a respect that they made him Red hand, which is something like a war leader. Timett is also younger than twenty. I'll leave it at that for now.

Fast forward to AFFC. Littlefinger talks to sansa about Harold Harding. At one moment, he talks about Alice and Aelis (spelling?) Aeryn , couple that had nine daughters and one son. Anyway, son gets kicked by horse and dies, two daughters die from plague, one becomes septa because she ends up scarred from the same plague, one has ******* child with some sellsword and becomes silent sister when her child dies in crib, one has son with Harding (Harry) then dies... and one was on the way to marry some Bracken when she was kidnapped by the Burned Men.

Now, here's my theory. The kidnapped daughter is high-born lady. She was obviously not fit or prepared for the life as clanswoman. She was also of the birthing age, else she would have been killed, not kidnapped. Timett Sr. takes her as his wife and has son with her, Timett. Other children mock young Timett, teasing him about his high-born mother and for being different than them. When comes his time to burn part of the body to prove he is a man, Timett wants to earn the respect of his peers and his clan so hard, that he chooses unimaginable: his eye. The craziest and most fearsome choose one of their ears. Timett chose his eye, and that goes nice with the words of House Aaeryn: (As) High as Honour!

Timmet also appears to be the most honourable of the clansmen and the most outspoken of them all, as seen in AGOT when Tywin asks how they got there:

"On our horses." Said Shagga.
"On the promise of silk and steel." said Timett.

Do you think it is possible, but in the end of no importance to the plot whatsoever? I'll tend to agree, if not for this little nugget.

The last line we get about Timett is in ASOS, when village elder talks with the Hound about the road to Falcon's nest- Lady Lisa. "The Burned men are fearless since Timett One-eyed returned from the war."

It leaves so much space for further development. One of Robert Aeryn's and future Harry's function is that of the Protector of the East and Protector of Aerie. Protector's job is to keep peace in Aerie, which involves fighting highlanders. It would be very unlucky and strangely poetic if Harry died by the hand of clansman that is his cousin. It sounds just like something GRRM would do.

What is your opinion about this?

Oh, I like this... I like it alooot. So Timett is second or third in line to inherit The Eyrie... I like it. Of course the Lords of the Vale would never stand for it.

I'd like to know what other comments Timmet makes. Can we infer more from his character from his words? Because I don't think there are any other physical clues. I do remember Timett commenting on Shagga's lust while Tyrion interrogated Pycelle.

My questions are 'Does Littlefinger suspect this?' and 'How much further can Sansa's dreams of finding her knight in shining armor be dashed?'

If Littlefinger knows of Timett's parentage, you can be sure he has at least developed a rudimentary plan to recruit Timett in case his primary plans go awry.

Sansa's dreams of marrying Prince Aemon the Dragonknight or Florian the Fool have continually been crushed. Joffrey (a sociopath), Tyrion (a dwarf), Sandor (a disfigured murderer), Dontos (an old drunk), Willas (a cripple), Marillion (a cowardly rapist), Robert (an epileptic child), Harry the heir, and Petyr have been her potential lovers. Could we add Timett (a blood thirsty, self mutilated, and savage pagan) to the mix?

Agreed with Boaz - this is an interesting idea.

It's hard to imagine that even Littlefinger might be aware of this (assuming it's true), so maybe Timmet represents a serious pit-fall somewhere down the line.

On the other hand, I don't think Littlefinger wants to rule the Eyrie in the long-term, so if he does know about it, then he could well offer the Eyrie to Timmet in return for a force of men to help reclaim the North for Sansa.

I'm not bitting on this one. I just don't see the importance of someone like Timmett. I mean GRRM has enough characters abound to muck things up. The mountain clans were just an amusing diversion in AGOT.

If you want some indication of how important they may be in future books, I suppose we'll have to see how much attention is paid to them in the tv series.

TK, I was rethinking this one. I like YS's theory, but I'll agree with you that it's not essential to the bottom line. It does not affect the war with The Other, Ice and Fire, Targs, Starks, nor the Iron Throne. It's just a nice detail and possibly a red herring... or mayhaps a reflection of another plotline.

Here's a thought... It appears that Anne McCaffrey, Frank Herbert, Robert Jordan and to a much lesser extent J.R.R. Tolkien have handed the reins off (or their estates have handed the reins over) to someone else to finish or expand their universes. When GRRM throws out secondary stories, like Dunk'n Egg or tertiary histories like the Faceless Men or even hints and suggestions like Timmett (Arryn) Stone of the Burned Men, could he be setting up a world to franchise out to others? With his Wild Card series, Hunter's Run, and all his TV contacts, the man has no shortage of friendships in the world of authors. He could retire and just enjoy the new income (heck, he could retire now) or he could set up Parris or some foundation with a potential for significant income for decades. In papberback form, Tales from The Vale or The Histories of the Night's Watch or The White Book (stories of the Kingsguard) or Westeros: The Dornish Marches or Origins: The Dothraki could be sold like Dragonlance, 40K, or WarCrack.