SG-U: 1.19 - Incursion Pt1

Moonbat

Chuckle Churner
Yay! I get to start a thread. Let's hope I don't screw it up ;)

Battle lines are drawn. Telford reveals that the Destiny is in danger, and a captive Rush receives a daunting task.

The alliance board the Destiny and a battle for contorl of the ship ensues. People on both sides are shot, Young hestitates to kill them all by venting the air form the gateroom and in doing so loses the initiative. Chloe is shot in the leg and with Eli is lost in the ship. Something kills one of the alliance and no one is sure what it is.

I really liked this episode, it is shaping up for an interesting end to the season. I can see the season ending with more people stuck on the ship, because the alliance people are stuck there, and having to co-operate to survive. I also think that Eli and Chloe might find something that helps Young to win control of the ship.
But what killed the alliance dude? What is the ghost in the machine? Will it be the ascended spirit of that guy who sat in the chair? Or another type of alien that has been on board?

All very interesting stuff, but :( bummer I'm not at home for next weeks episode and will miss it! can you bethunk it!

It'll be shown in US at the 11th. So, if you're up for downloading then you can get it in your 'puter very fast at the 12th. If you wanna know how then drop me a PM.

I suspect that the Alliance soldier end up stepping in Destiny's trap, and therefore cementing the hypothesis that at the heart of the Destiny is an A.I. and it's aware of its passengers. Hence the reference to the Ghost in the Machine, meaning that in the heart is sitting either a hacker strapped in the cables or then its pure an A.I.

Besides the point Eli finally got the girl! W00t!!1!11

Like the episodes for lots of reasons. If they're going to do a classic invasion scenario at least they have the SGU style twists to add another episode. Also loved Young taking Scott down a peg. It's about time he answered for some of his insubordination.

Just realized something. Telford is now on the ship. What does this mean when the smoke clears? I know Young chose not to go on the 9th chevron mission and was Telford going to be the one to lead the team if it hadn't been for the attack? So I'm wondering if both Telford and Young will survive who will be in charge? If Telford dies in the action then not much will change but if Young goes then it's a more interesting outcome. Oh and there will definitely be some new people on the ship when the smoke clears, if only the Lucian Alliance members who were wounded.

The toasted Alliance member was odd and the real cool part of the story. It looked like the shield flickered and let in cosmic radiation. Most folks are guessing it's Franklin, somehow.

I trust that Young finds a way to shove Telford through the air-lock 'accidentally'. I don't think there's anyone in the audience that really likes him, is there? So if the writers find a way to get rid of him then good, but if they find a way to keep him like that old chewing gum on bottom of your black trousers, better? Or not?

Well he got a lot more likable now that they removed his brainwashing. Fact is we don't really know him but I know Lou Phillips can play a likable character if he want's to. I'm not making any judgment on characters. I like Young as the sort of reluctant leader father figure but for the story Young is one of the people that could go and they would still have everything they need.

The one thing that bugged me slightly about the whole 'removal of the brainwashing' bit was that I'm sure the communication stones would not keep the connection if one of the 'hosts' was dead. Surely the person that Young revived would have been Rush, not just in body but in soul as well, leaving Telford with the Alliance.

Just a thought.