Help me understand this percy jackson book please!

shamguy4

Oh my gosh I hated this book with passion?!
I'm sorry I dont mean to be rude I am just a bit shocked and dismayed.
I dont understand? how- what-?
how did this become a movie?!

Ok for those of you that read it please, please explain these problems:

If the gods apparently can see everything and are watching percy's every step they should also see/know he doesn't have the lightning bolt.
In fact they seem to know his future as hinted at the end of the book when Chiron tries to tell him (funny they didnt even know who he was in the beginning of the book. Coincidently Grover follows him around realizing he is a demigod. When they realize who he is, at that moment poseidon claims him).

Towards the end Ares meets him when he leaves the underworld. He apparently knows exactly where Percy is and whether he is alive or not?

According to Annabeth taking the 3 pearls at the water comes with a price. there are no free lunches...apparently there was because there was no ransom to be paid? Ever. for the rest of the book.

Somehow Percy figures out that someone helped Ares -how I dont know.
But the best is after the fight, those underworld monsters come and say "we saw everything, it wasnt you who stole..."
what a great story. they didnt see it before but now they see it?
Sometimes Percy is able to control water and sometimes he seems to need his fathers help??
Oh yeah, every god seems to know about his jump into the mississippi water and his father saved him, indeed they call him a coward. So if they know this why cant they know more?

And I agree with luke at the end. those gods run around have kids dont give a darn about them and then continue their lives. The demigods basically protect them and do all the work. Nowadays we call that irresponsible teens or parents.

Throughout the book the monsters chasing demigods are supposedly sent by Hades who wants them dead for breaking the oath of having kids with humans. But then we learn he didnt send some monsters...Who did?
More importantly why dont the gods just beat the crap out of Hades and tell him to leave the kids alone so they could live a normal life out of camp retard?

I don't mean to poke too much. It was a fun concept. And he is a writer and I am not. At least not yet. But I hate books that don't make sense...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are lots of books and a lot of films that just - plain and simple - suck.

Why do they exist? Well, put simply, the film and mass-market publishing industries are not, despite their claims and appearances, creative. They are a collective of investors who sit down and decide what criteria their product needs to satisfy in order to generate as large a return on their investment as possible.

It doesn't have to be good. It doesn't have to obey any rules of form or have a clear narrative or be artistically valid. It just has to sell.

It'd be helpful if you told us what the title of the book was, shamguy...

Moved to YA for further discussion as this is part of a popular Children's series....:)

lovely... my thread now resides right above the thread that loves the book!
LOL

Back