SG-U: 1.15 - Lost

Dr.Jackson

Certified Space Monkey
The situation is dire for Lt. Scott, Eli, Chloe and Greer. While trapped beneath the ruins in an underground maze, Destiny jumped back into FTL leaving them behind. They must first find a way out of the ruins before they can figure out how to survive without the Destiny.

Meanwhile, unable to turn the massive ship around, Dr. Rush and Colonel Young work to devise a plan to get the lost crew members back. But the situation grows even more desperate when Rush learns that Destiny will soon be leaving the present galaxy, stranding the away team forever.

Oh the irony and the helluva big problem for those left behind. They keep amping up these cliffhangers, so unless something radical happens, I don't see a way out of this at the moment.

Any thoughts?

I liked the premise of this one. Rescue, rescue, rescue. Doh! Not the happy ending I was expecting.

Yeah, they really are cranking up the tension on the rescue. And they have to rescue them somehow, it would change the show quite a bit, possibly to much.

I finally got around to watch this episode and I absolutely loved it. Not only because of the plot twist, but also because of the the crew didn't give up. They wanted to get their members back and did what they could do to get them back.

I'm sure that they have already shown the next episode in states but for the sake of the exercise I assume that Eli is going to crank his brains and push the envelope. Why I think that is because of the trail the Destiny is following means that there has to be gates outside the galaxies. Or then, and this is a long shot, every time Destiny drops out from the FTL Destiny's gate opens for a long jump?

For a note, I like the way the writers try to create long story arches even though the there isn't really too much of stuff in the SG-U ... yet. Well, there is but I think that is the problem, do they want to use the arches we have seen in so many operas, or do something ... extraordinary?

I don't know. What do you think?

I see they got back. I have been trying not to read the articles that spoil the episodes, only watch pretty pictures (as they inspire me). So, I was reading this article from io9 and got to this bit:

A lot of people are asking what happened to the plot line when you, Chloe and Scott were all stranded on the ruins planet, people are wondering if we're ever going to find out what happened in between the last episode where you walk back on the ship and the one before it, where you were stranded there again?

Yes and no. There's so much other stuff going on, as I said, that it's hard to focus on that. Not in the time that they're going to want it. It is a true thing that happened, I know because even my Father asked me about this. You can't dial the ship when the ship is in FTL. So the fact that it fell out of FTL allowed us to dial. That's just the way it was, we were lucky to have that explosion happen. It was the only thing that really saved us or we would have ended up like Swiss Family Robinson up in the trees somewhere, living on our own. But as far as seeing entire episodes flash back to what happened, I can't speak to.

They cannot dial gate's when in FTL, but they can dial when Destiny's driving sublight speeds. So in practice Rush - like we saw in that one earlier episode - doesn't want anyone to do that.

They cannot dial gate's when in FTL, but they can dial when Destiny's driving sublight speeds. So in practice Rush - like we saw in that one earlier episode - doesn't want anyone to do that.

Which time was that? The only attempt I though Rush made to stop dialling was when he stopped them trying to dial Earth.

PS. Shouldn't this element be continued in SG-U 1.16 Sabotage, so as to avoid spoilers?