• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Culhwch

Lost Boy
DECISIONS, DECISIONS.
by Boneman

Cast out into the darkness, he waited.
The others did not understand. Could not understand.
There had to be a new beginning.
He rested in the darkness and made his plans. There were thousands of decisions to make, each one spawing another thousand decisions. Time was immaterial. It had to be right. Finally, there were no more decisions, no more choices.
Yet, he hesitated. Then he spoke.
"Let there be light."
And there was light.

The Dilemma
by Mouse

I asked for the world and he gave it. It’s been sitting in its box on the table for two days now. I know he’s expecting something in return. I don’t even like him but what can I do? I could open the box, I suppose. I wonder if I can squeeze inside and escape. Then I don’t have to make any decisions. I’d feel guilty though...

Screw it. It’s not even a nice box.

Luckily, I've already voted for one of these so this vote is neither a decision nor a dilemma for me.

Best Of Luck to both entries.

Congrats to both of you on making it this far. (And for writing great stories.) :)

Yes, my congrats to you both. Everyone's tried so hard with this first challenge, and it reflects in the number of highly rated entries. :)

Congratulations to you both!:) I was lucky, in that one of these stories was the one I originally voted for, so I've picked the same one again.:)

oh...do we vote for one of these two ? Hmmmmm. I will vote for the mouse one cos I like boxing stories. )

I reckon there are another twenty-six hours (and three plus minutes) to go.

Did you try to vote and run into a problem, BookStop? Because according to the time I see at the top of the page, Ursa is right, it should have about another 26 hours to run. (I can't see whatever it is that you see -- or don't see -- up there, because I've already voted.)

Durrrr - I'm a dork. Was showing child yesterday how to change time on a computer and changed the day too so my computer was off by about 36 hours. Wow, do i feel silly. :eek:

So you were living in the future!!! Wow!!!! Did you see any lottery numbers by any chance?

The way the voting is going, I'm thinking that a draw will be the best result - it's been so close all the way through. I do have a theme, should this come about, which I'll pm mouse with, just in case. I'm out all day tomorrow (after exercising my democratic rights when the polling stations open) so won't be able to check in until about 6.30 GMT.

Last edited:
And we have a winner:

Congratulations, Boneman!!!

And Congratulations, also Mouse, for making it so close.

And man, was it close. I really didn't expect it to come down to one vote. I've said it before, but it shows what good quality of entries we had...

Close but no cigar, as they say. Which is good really, because I don't smoke.

Congrats Boneman, knew you'd get it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.