SG-U: 1.12 - Divided

ctg

weaver of the unseen
stargateuniversedivided.jpg

Chloe and Rush are suffering from nightmares so much so that dear doctor goes bonkers and suspects that the aliens has placed a tracking device on Destiny's hull.

I loved how so much of this show built on previous episodes. I'm hoping by season three we will start to see a very distinct culture emerge as they make use of whatever is available. I also loved the dramatic tension, I hadn't been that on the edge of my seat since the darkness/light episode.

I think the mutiny could have been done better. Maybe a few revisions and a few different reactions and it would have felt more real. TJ should have tried to overpower those guys.

Now was there a tension or what? I thought this one was one those brilliantly written and acted episodes that makes SG-U worth to watch. Especially from a point of view of civilians versus military, where civilians try to take over a ship run by a military commander. Although their plan went well it wasn't executed to the way the military would have done, and in a way they are making these characters more rounder, even thought there are still few stereotypes running around. But that's life, isn't it?

This was a another good episode, it had some great tension, but i have to say I was furious with the military for taking back control of the ship. I really wanted the civilians to run the ship, not Young. It was quite silly of the civilians not to anticipate the method by which Young got back to the right side of the ship.
I think this is leading towards two seperate factions emerging and actually living seperately on the ship. the Aliens seem to be pretty determined and they were only very lucky to survive. If the aliens turn up sooner and shoot more frequently they will easily over power the shields.
From the image that CTG posted on on the first episode it looks like they will eventually walk through the stargate.
I wonder if a truce will be called. The aliens will continue to track destiny and then they will keep failing to get on baord by force and so eventually give up and try diplomacy, at which point the military will refuse but the civilians and Rush will gladly take thier help to control and maybe be able to fly Desinty home.
It's all getting very interesting.