Some of your favorite stories in the Writing Challenge -- NOT for voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sephiroth is our winner.

I loved Mouse's story, too, so I would have been enormously happy either way, but I had voted for Seph's poem, and it was gratifying to see him take the lead and win.

Poor Mouse, always the bridesmaid...

Congrats, Seph. A great story and deserving winner.

Incidentally, Seph has set the bar high, winning both monthly challenges in May.

Hey Could we organise a poll on what we thought was second best????:):):)

Oh my god, I just noticed - someone voted for me! I'd stopped watching for votes days ago, so that was a nice surprise to see this morning. My most appreciative thanks to whichever kind person threw me a bone!
I know how you feel - the one I received made me feel as if I were back in high school when someone sent me a single rose anonymously on Valentine's Day (I was the geek none of the girls would touch... actually still am... almost).

Congrats to Seph for winning and to Mouse for fighting the good fight.

Someone has some thinking to do about themes.

Unless he chooses the same one for both competitions.

(I wonder if they detected genius in that brain scan?)

I know how you feel - the one I received made me feel as if I were back in high school when someone sent me a single rose anonymously on Valentine's Day (I was the geek none of the girls would touch... actually still am... almost).

That's funny, PC-that's exactly how it made me feel too. :( *Shrugs* Still, we can always wait until next time, right? :)

Seph, if you choose to start the new thread yourself as soon as you decide on a theme (you have until the 5th, but you can start the contest at any time between now and then and put us out of suspense), here is the wording with the appropriate dates:

RULES

Write a story inspired by the chosen theme, in 75 words or less
There should be a story, not just description
The title is not part of the word count -- or the story
One entry per person
Prose or poetry

Contest ends at 11:59 pm GMT, June 23
Voting Ends at 11:59 pm GMT, June 28
(June 30, in the case of a tie-breaker poll)

You do not have to submit a story in order to vote.

The Magnificent Prize:

The Dignified Congratulations/Groveling Admiration of Your Peers
Also the privilege of choosing next month's theme or genre

This month's theme:

You can also add whether you wish to limit the entries to SF and Fantasy.

Make sure you put June Writing Challenge, 75 Words, and Read First Post into the thread title.

Or ... you can just PM your theme to me or Culhwch, and we'll set up the thread for you.

It's all good, Cul. :) Just need to find a way to do better next month.

Well you're not on an island there, at least. There's forty or so folks who need to do better next month...

Actually, it's a rather important month for me for a couple reasons outside this challenge.....

In that case best of luck with everything else as well! But mostly this competition, because we all know it's the most important thing. (Other than the photo challenge, of course.)

Haha. Yes, I would have felt bad if I were the only one without votes this month. It is a shame, though, that so many good stories didn't get any.

And as for what's important, well, on the 9th I have a doctor's appointment in Portland, and a week after that, well, you'll see on that day. :D

Some days or weeks ago I commented that we didn't need two different ongoing threads to discuss the Writing Challenges, and proposed closing both and opening a new one which would consolidate the conversations and, one hopes, end a certain amount of confusion. I am on the verge of doing that now.

If you have thoughts to share in this thread, you have a few minutes left to do so. Otherwise, visit the new thread.

And done. This thread closed, new thread for comments opened:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/527711-the-writing-challenges-things-we-didnt-say-in.html

Please direct your remarks there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back