aSoIaF Trivia Game

Yes I do have the ability to read minds...

...Shame on you!

Give us a good one Cul

Oh, the pressure!

Okay then, let's talk swords. Name the houses and/or individual owners of these blades:

Dawn
Longclaw
Heartsbane
Lady Forlorn
Needle
Brightroar
Oathkeeper
Nightfall

As before, all correct answers in one post.

Dawn - Dayne (no current user)
Longclaw - Originally Mormont now held by Jon Snow
Heartsbane - Tarly - Randyll Tarly
Lady Forlorn - Corbray
Needle - Stark - Currently hidden by Arya
Brightroar - Lannister - lost
Oathkeeper - Brienne - reforged from Ice for Jaime who gave it to her
Nightfall - Harlaw

Only had to look up the last one.

This should be incredibly simple.

Tyrion ordered the pyromancers to make a certain amount of wildfire, they were able to make their quota because they found a cache of the stuff in a hidden underground place. They could not fully account for why there was a stash.

...so why was there a stash of wildfire they did not know about?

Because Areys put it there when he planned to burn Kingslanding to the ground. No one knew about it because Jamie Lannister killed everyone who was in on the plot.

This is interesting.

The answer you are probably looking for is: Joffrey with Roberts knife in the billiards room er I mean because he took it upon himself to make a merciful end.

However:

This is Tyrions theory, the last proposed theory in the series, and I do not think it has been absolutely revealed.

It was confirmed by someone else I believe.

Your turn.

I also would have accepted Joffery, with littlefingers weapon, and because he wanted to impressive his 'father'. But you are technically correct.

The poison known as "the strangler" is made from a plant.

Where can the plant used to make the poison be found?

very nicely done.

Found in the Maester Cressen prologue in ACoK

very nicely done.

Found in the Maester Cressen prologue in ACoK
Thanks. I mmediately remembered where to look, but I did have to look.

I'll put up a new one when I get back home in a couple of hours.

Balerion, of course.

edit: I'd like to further add that it's hinted that this is the same cat that Arya chased around the Red Keep.

Well, to stay on the subject of things with dragon names - At Qarth, Daenerys receives three ships courtesy of Illyrio, and renames them Balerion, Meraxes, and Vhagar after the dragons of Aegon and his sisters. What were the original names of the ships?

edit: I hope this one hasn't already been done... I haven't been following as closely as I'd like.

I know this one... the Pinta, the Nina, and the Santa Fe.