aSoIaF Trivia Game

Well, actually... the Merrett Frey incident was well separate from the Ryman one. UnCat had travelled to the area of the inn at the crossing, then went back to Fairmarket...I'm pretty sure since there were many people hanged near Saltpans and she is the "hanging judge"

Alrighty then, let me think...

Name any three of the six knights who rode with Ser Duncan the Tall at his trial of seven at Ashford, other than Prince Baelor. First person with three correct answers in one post will be judged correct.

Let's see... Raymun of the newly minted Green Apple Fossoways, Ser Lyonel "The Laughing Storm" Baratheon, and two Humphreys... um, Hardying and something. Well, that's three, I think.

Also, regarding the previous question, I must be very confused about the timeline somewhere...

You spelt Hardyng wrong, but I'll give you half a point for that, and Beesbury (in a different post, contrary to the request) will get you another half for the win.

And yeah, I'm confused by all that as well. But onward! New question!

EDIT: Incidentally, Ser Robyn Rhysling rounded out the seven.

I'll take it any way I can get it.

Well, since we're including material from outside of aSoIaF proper, here's another from Dunk & Egg:

In the trial by combat in the Chequy Water, who drew first blood, and where was the location of the injury?

I hope I won't sound whiney saying this. My inent was for this to be a trivia game about ASOIAF. My fear of including Dunk and Egg stuff is we'll be excluding some regular posters who haven't gotten to those novellas yet.

Of course, the players make the game and if everyone wants to expand the original scope I'm fine with that :)

As far as I'm concerned, Dunk and Egg are as much a part of aSoIaF as the novels, so I didn't think twice. I don't think we're excluding many posters. Besides, if you haven't read the novellas you really should, and this game might prove a spur to that...

In the trial by combat in the Chequy Water, who drew first blood, and where was the location of the injury?

I'm thinking this is a trick question. The Longinch drew first blood, technically, cutting Thunder on the neck with his poleaxe. After that, there's no clear drawing of first blood, until Dunk rams his dagger into the Longinch's armpit to end the duel. Dunk was already bleeding at that point, though, having busted his head in an undescribed location falling from his horse.

Just to clarify:

At the end of ASoS the uncat hangings start on the west coast near the twins with the hanging of Merett.

Following uncats timeline:
-Hung merett
-started moving east
-She makes it over to saltpans to judge people there
-For some reason (a new group of Freys were captured) she leaves the group that includes Lem, Thoros...and goes back west to Fairmarket alone
-She is rejoined near fairmarket by Lem thoros to judge Brienne.

Brienne timeling and how it corresponds to uncat
-Goes to kings landing with Jaime (uncat in the west)
-Leaves KL to head toward Duskendale (uncat moving east)
-joins up with Nimble Dick moves up crackclaw point (uncat judging and hanging in the east near saltpans and inn at the crossing)
-Brienne goes to quiet isle (uncat leaves her group that includes Lem and goes back west to fairmarket probably because she is told that a new group of Freys (not merett) were captured)
-Brienne gets captured and carried to fairmarket

Hope this clears things up

Good work, Cul. I did intend it to be kind of a trick question, but not in the way you took it. I had hoped to throw people off by using "first blood", even when first blood was the same event as the end of the duel. I didn't even consider Thunder!

Name the members of Aerys' kingsguard at the time of his murder. (As before, the first response with seven correct answers in one post will be judged correct.)

Name the members of Aerys' kingsguard at the time of his murder. (As before, the first response with seven correct answers in one post will be judged correct.)
Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Ryam Redwyne
Prince Aemon the Dragonknight
Ser Barristan Selmy
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Oswell Whent
Ser Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander

I'm not at all sure about these.

let's try this then

Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Arryk
Ser Erryk
Ser Barristan Selmy
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Oswell Whent

Still five from seven. You're thinking a little too historically...

EDIT: Two (slightly cryptic) clues: Think of Dany's fond recollections, and of family connections.

let's try this then

Ser Jaime Lannister
Ser Darry
Ser Serwyn
Ser Barristan Selmy
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Oswell Whent
I think I'm only going to have 6. I feel like I'm playing that game with the colored pegs, ummmmm, Masterfmind I think it was called