April Photo Challenge

Really good pics, everyone - I've mentioned my favourites earlier on in the thread, but I eventually voted for Cul's first shot.:)

Oops - I realized I hadn't commented on Stormfeather, BookStop's second, and Foxbat's pics - really, really good.:) The shot of the trees was lovely, as was BookStop's dandelions, and I love that pheasant, Foxbat.

Last edited:
I voted for Wybren's bee shot. It's just so darned pretty. (the panorama also lovely)

Close second would've been (had we voted for second) eith Cul's plants, Fox's pheasant, Mouses' deforestation pic...oh, the lion's are awesome, and I like Chris's mushroom...

My vote goes to Bookstop, especially her first shot. Great work!

Honourable mention goes to Cul from me, but it seems he might run away with the win! It's a close one!

Whoa, I've just realised...Cul used colour!

I voted for that one, by the way. I try to be objective about the competition (when the theme is more specific, especially) and go for the one that represents the theme in my view, and Cul's had a nice human consideration and environment amalgamation. Plus, you know...good photo.

Mouse's photo of the destruction humans do was also very good.

But excellent photos as always from everyone. Our competition is still going strong.

Speaking of which, really need to get myself into gear and participate more often...

I voted for Bookstop. Something tells me Cull's going to be the Victor... I'm known for being able to predict the future....;)

I often have a look at the pictures, but I've never voted before. But as Culhwch asked, and in a spirit of reciprocity from the writing contest, I've done so. For Culhwch as it happens. *wonders if his comments on the writing contest thread had a hidden agenda...*

I don't take many photos myself, but my partner does. Is it within the rules for me to post his work in a future contest?

PS Chris, your picture of the morel, would you mind if I copied it? It's exactly how I pictured an alien artefact, and I've not come across another photo of a fungus quite like it. (I'd only print it out into my notes folder for helping me describe it, nothing more than that.)

Last edited:
* Wonders if next month's 75-word story will have to have a morel.... *

I often have a look at the pictures, but I've never voted before. But as Culhwch asked, and in a spirit of reciprocity from the writing contest, I've done so. For Culhwch as it happens. *wonders if his comments on the writing contest thread had a hidden agenda...*

Shh, don't give it away!

I don't take many photos myself, but my partner does. Is it within the rules for me to post his work in a future contest?

There's something of an unwritten rule (actually, it probably was written at some point) that photos entered in the competition must have been taken by you. Your partner is free to join and enter them, though!

Voting is closed. I actually feel a little wrong posting this, but I swear I didn't rig it!

4566346841_7f5865ca4c_o.jpg

I'll be back in a bit with a new challenge. I have a few ideas, but I haven't settled on one just yet.

Cheat! Cheat!

Well done, Cul. Make up a good theme, I have time to kill again next...er, this month, so I intend to join in.