Home of the Brave, George that would be you!

Eulalia

Thanks for writing about health car on your Blog, George!!You got balls.
I'm a Canadian, and I've lived in the States for 13 years. When we decided to move to take jobs, the President was Clinton....
Now I try to live here, when lay offs are common. Several of my GP's have shut down their offices, due to expenses, and our coverage has veered wildly. Navigating the insurance companies has been an exercise in insanity. They have recently jacked thier rates and coverage is not at all complete.
My parents and friends still get wonderful health care in Canada, and when we set up a small business in Canada health care was not a worry. Here we are scared to set up a small business, so we take the leavings of corporate America. It's just wacked to hear Americans repeat the lies spewed in the mainstream news. Very Manchurian Candidate.
Guess we shouldn't have bought a home here...Canada has had universal health care for 50 years, meanwhile.
Canada is like Nazi Germany?! What are these righties smoking? They make no sense, but they sure are loud and vicious. I guess I haven't heard the N word or the F*gg*t words used in a long time, or ever with this much hate.

Thanks for writing about health car on your Blog, George!!You got balls.
I'm a Canadian, and I've lived in the States for 13 years. When we decided to move to take jobs, the President was Clinton....
Now I try to live here, when lay offs are common. Several of my GP's have shut down their offices, due to expenses, and our coverage has veered wildly. Navigating the insurance companies has been an exercise in insanity. They have recently jacked thier rates and coverage is not at all complete.
My parents and friends still get wonderful health care in Canada, and when we set up a small business in Canada health care was not a worry. Here we are scared to set up a small business, so we take the leavings of corporate America. It's just wacked to hear Americans repeat the lies spewed in the mainstream news. Very Manchurian Candidate.
Guess we shouldn't have bought a home here...Canada has had universal helth care for 50 years, meanwhile.
Canada is like Nazi Germany?! What are these righties smoking? They make no sense, but they sure are loud and vicious. I guess I haven't heard the N word or the F*gg*t words used in a long time, or ever with this much hate.

What's happened to our country since Obama took office makes we want to cry. Anyone who though racism and bigotry was a thing of the past was sadly mistaken. For the first time in my life I'm truely afraid about the direction that we seem to be heading in. We're becoming a nation that beleives he who yells the loudest and longest is right, a nation that is willing to throw those less fortunate under a bus in order to be able to preserve profit and the almighty dollar. We're already at the end of the slippery slope and about to go over the edge.

In 16 months we have devolved into a country that shows no outrage when African-American politicians are spit on and called the N word on the steps of the captitol building, one that shows no disgust when the President is hung in effigy. The crazies and extremists are taking over and we're going to hell in a handbasket.

I'll stop now. This forum shouldn't be political, but I just had to vent. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a reply, Imp. You are a gentleman.

I was inspired by the writing of GRRM on his blog. He has some wonderful responses as well. Whether or not the current situation has SF potential, people can decide for themselves. And carry this further on forum, if they choose.

I recall reading "Animal Farm" many years ago. Also Farenheit 411, 1984, A Clockwork Orange and A Handmaid's Tale. Much of SF is intrinsically political, for those brave enough to ponder it. A lot of it has to do with complacency, intimidation, brainwashing, a lack of freedom or agility of thought, and lies.

Read GRRM's blog. A masterpiece, truly a masterpiece.

And to confirm it, Rush Limbaugh talks about defeating those "bastards" in November... How come he's not moving to Costa Rica like he promised?

I am not a Conservative, but a Liberal (in Canada, those are the names of the two main federal parties (the ones who have governed, anyway). Never thought of Conservatives as bastards (in the pejorative sense of that word). Individual Tories, you bet, depending on their character. Grits too (slang for Liberal), as I have encountered more than a few.

But to call someone a ******* just because they are a Democrat???
Just because they hold to a certain political philosophy? It really is unconscionable.:mad:

GRRM should write some speeches for Obama, and other prominent, moderate democrats. Maybe even some moderate Republicans, wishing to reform their party. It is a seriously scary political situation, to have this kind of polarity, with no middle ground.

A good opportunity for a new, just right of center party, perhaps? GRRM for president?

Nah. Then he'd never finish ASoIaF!:D

Clansman, how I wish GRRM would write some speeches! Or at least answer back to the nonsense that is mainstream media, in a bigger forum.

The Rush Limbaugh thing is just the tip of the iceberg. Many moderates here seem frozen, and conservatives defend or stay silent for the indefensible. The far right get the press, but it is a tiny and much inflated segment of the population. It is like an abuse situation.

I wish people would give a thought to whether or not they want to be part of the Nightwatch or the Goldcloaks. Or are they blurring? Would they follow Ned or Barristan Selmy. Dany and Jon? Or Joffrey and Cersei, Littlefinger and Walder. There doesn't seem to be as much of a propaganda wing in Westeros as there is here. Where are the people who voted? Where are the real silent majority? Maybe people are too busy being Bron to take a stand.

Well, those Westerosi are at least on track. I mean, Stannis basically spammed the entire continent with the twincest memo.

I guess Westeros does have a start, Chairface. The difference is that the twincest thing is actually true. Weapons of Mass Deception (WMD) however, was a hoax.

Well, if it's a lie you're after, look no further than the High Council's response to the... er... Spammis. A finer lie there never was!

Last edited:
Chairface, oh yes, the High Council!

I suppose if they pass Jayne Poole off as Arya, that would be quite a little item of propaganda.

Procrastinator had a good reminder, too.