Series 31 or 32? [And new trailer]

PTeppic

Reetou Diplomatic Corp
Just a quick question, did the "specials" count as season 31 or were they additions to the end of 30?

Either way, there's a relatively new trailer for the next season, the 11th Doctor's first series, on the BBC Dr Who website and at the movies. It's on at our local Odeon before "Alice in Wonderland" and is 3D!! I also thought, fan though I am, that it was rubbish. And 3D made it worse.

Just a quick question, did the "specials" count as season 31 or were they additions to the end of 30?

The production numbers would suggest that they're part of season 30. Planet of the Dead was referred to during shooting as 4.15, which would suggest it was part of the production rota for the '4th' season. I think the rest of the specials were numbered the same way for production, meaning that they shouldn't count as a separate season.

These trailer do get you going .... we did a 1 hour podcast based just of one of the BBC trailers (around 30 seconds long) and a BBC America 1 minute trailer.

And of course here in the UK Matt Smith was on the J Ross show (Friday) with another new clip.

Role on Episode 1

Cheers, daveac

The TV slots are showing a newer trailer, which has a lot more plot-related content but I can't find it on the website yet. It's much closer in content to the "new year" preview compilation.

From memory, it included:
a Dalek in World War 2, the vampires and the Weeping Angels.
Probably other stuff but it was late and I was tired.