Survivors 1.02

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Episode two was even better. The survivors are getting into the grim business of surviving in the post-apocalyptic world where the first rule is not trust anyone. Like everyone, they refute the second old profession in this world, scavenging. I thought that warehouse was brilliant idea but the new characters had a strong resemblance to the original series scavengers.

A couple of things that bother me. What's the black character profession, as I cannot stop thinking that he's ex para or something similar? He definitely has a survival training or then he's natural born survivor with his instincts in right place. Like him, I would have hit the backwaters of the civilisation and let the scavengers thin their lines. The only problem would be the medicine as I'm not a doctor. Although, like it was said, you can learn awfully lot from the books.

On the killer character, I thought it was very well acted. He measured the shotgun wielding man and saw that he's not able to kill a man. Hence, I thought he was acting so boldly.

Re: Survivors-BBC.

I take it Freema Agyeman will soon be reanimated, as she had the same symptoms as Julie Grahams character,?

Enjoying it lots.

The guy at the kids home is coming much later on if I can refer to the original season one. The pair in the Volvo were impact characters doing an plot device. So, I would be surprised to see them two again.

Oh yes, he's experienced and I've been thinking his approach as well. If you read the SAS Survival Manual, you'll understand that the knowledge is basis of successful survivalims. It's the foundation of the survivalist skills that determines will one survive or not. The physiology (can you do it?) and psychology (will you do it?) are on top of it. At last comes the tools (do know how to use them?).

In the situation that these people are in, he's already a couple of steps ahead of others. All ready out there doing what he can to survive. People will isolate them, while others refute to the scavenging, as they won't know any better.

The white coated scientist are obviously the main antagonists, while the group in control of the village acts an faction. The main protagonists are at the moment all living in that big country-house, presumably at the side of the village/town (don't recognise the place).

What was said about the situation in the cities, it's very true. Diseases that spread as those bodies rot will be horrendous. Cholera is one of them. Rats would be carrying bacteria in their coats inside the houses. They would find their way into the stored food supplies and contaminate them. However, in a couple of years, cats would emerge as an winners because when those additional supplied would be diminished. In that point, the only thing that you should eat from the collapsed society is tins. Otherwise you should be self-sufficient.

IF the series goes as I suspect it will, then in the next two episodes we should see people organising themselves and trying to create an functional government between two places.

Oh, im well versed in survival. i find it unreal that so many people dont know how to do the basics. i am lucky enough to have grown up in the countryside.
Grandad and Dad had me out rabbiting and mushroom picking as soon as i could walk, i can light fires build shelters and track. also studied engineering so practicly minded too.
when i was younger i liked nothing more than saveing up my holliday and going off in to the woods and vanishing for 3-4 weeks.
End of the world syndrome, its a horrible thing but you lurne alot from paranoia:eek:

YOU ARE Bushtucker man Sloweye:).

I'm afraid I'd be like the guy swigging champers while driving an R8,

I think i would do that for a while, using the R8 to get to the HGV yard, grab a lorry, load up and find a small hold farm pre-stocked with animals and equipment.
First rule of survival, use whats there, caned goods would tide you over until harvest season, and you can refine lamp oil from animal fats or even pine trees.........yada yada yada.......sorry.:eek:

Original Air Date—25 November 2008

The group set up camp in a big house from where they send out a scavenger party to a supermarket but are forced to withdraw by another, armed, group. Abby believes one of the men may have information about her son but she gets no joy. Greg, meanwhile, comes across a warehouse full of food and a couple, Sarah and the injured Bob.