Orbit Books encounter!

definitely. good luck with that encounter! (and let us know how it goes!)

if my work was in a truly publishable condition, i'd be fighting you for that one....:D

That's at the Loughborough conference, I take it? I was in two minds about going as, by chance, my partner is visiting his mother in Leicester that day, but I don't think we can manage it. Anyway, good luck J-WO! Let us know how it goes.

definitely. good luck with that encounter! (and let us know how it goes!)

if my work was in a truly publishable condition, i'd be fighting you for that one....:D

Mine's not so publishable either, so I guess we'll have to duel-- manuscripts at ten paces!

Thanks. I may well blog about the experience when I get back.

That's at the Loughborough conference, I take it? I was in two minds about going as, by chance, my partner is visiting his mother in Leicester that day, but I don't think we can manage it. Anyway, good luck J-WO! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Judge!

And well done for having a partner who hails from Ol' Leccy town, me duck. We're the midland's answer to Las Vegas.*

*Just not a very good one...

Good luck, J-WO!

Were you planning to wear that fetching bonnet?

(Thread moved to Aspiring Writers, since the Announcements Forum is really for site staff to post information directly relating to the workings of the forums. Besides, it will probably attract more attention here.)

I can confirm that Leicester is not much like Las Vegas. In fact, today it's just cold and miserable.

Make the most of your half hour J-WO. You don't get that sort of opportunity every day.

*discards colophon and brandishes sharpened prologue*

avast! ow. must try not to step on my own subplots.

Good luck, J-WO!

Were you planning to wear that fetching bonnet?

(Thread moved to Aspiring Writers, since the Announcements Forum is really for site staff to post information directly relating to the workings of the forums. Besides, it will probably attract more attention here.)

Oop! Sorry there, TE. And thanks.

Unfortunately, the hat isn't even mine. I just arrived at my SFF writer's group one night and got told we were having a group photo. And that we all had to wear hats. Yeah. Someone brought a box of them and that one alone fitted my ludicrously large bonce. Plus it was a nice, jaunty number.

But, given that this is the only photo of me known to the SFF community, I'm probably going to have to wear it at every convention. J-Wo; Sci-Fi pimp.

Good luck, Jim. Bella's a nice lady, I'm sure she'll be gentle with you! :)

Back