Survivors 2.06

It didn't start in China. Watch the video... you will see a different location.
I'm not sure what you meant here. I've watched this again on I-player. At exactly 24 minutes into the programme Greg finds and chooses a file called "Zheng Province: Vaccine Trials". I assume that is Zhengzhou (Chengchow) in Henan Province, China. There are about 6 other files with a "Zheng Province" name, one is "Zheng Province: Final report". Why would this be a red herring when the files are already in a password protected location? The video itself shows James Whittaker in a hazard suit in the back of a white van. There is no clue to the location as you see little else. The video only has a time stamp which is "22.08.2007 7.36 AM".

Thank you Dave, but i am scared of spoilers as i am in the middle of second season. But the greatest spoiler i got from a guy who told me it will end without conclusion, so all my theories are crashed :D.

I googled for any info on third series of Survivors but no info yet.
They must extend it.

I'm not sure what you meant here. I've watched this again on I-player. At exactly 24 minutes into the programme Greg finds and chooses a file called "Zheng Province: Vaccine Trials". I assume that is Zhengzhou (Chengchow) in Henan Province, China. There are about 6 other files with a "Zheng Province" name, one is "Zheng Province: Final report". Why would this be a red herring when the files are already in a password protected location? The video itself shows James Whittaker in a hazard suit in the back of a white van. There is no clue to the location as you see little else. The video only has a time stamp which is "22.08.2007 7.36 AM".

http://www.mypicx.com/02282010/survivorschinareport/

This was a great series. I can't wait for some more!

Really been enjoying it as well. :)

Didn't think there was too much info on the virus, but found the Tom/Anya relationship a bit forced, and seemed to push the characters (especially Anya) out of normal action just to ensure Tom got on the plane.

How come no one saw Tom get on the plane, though, on an open airstrip? :) Don;t care, though - still the best TV series for some time, IMO. :)

I thought the name sounded Eastern and Southern-Eastern Europe. Even the ground and the vegetation seemed to suit that place more than China. But I might be wrong and you right.

I thought about the plane, and I believe that the absolutely the top most best location for a Elite Paradise is in Aircraft carrier, where they can travel around the world, picking up the best place. In there they can use the carriers nuclear engines to power up their systems and keep contact to the land as long as the satellites stay on the orbit.

Look at Jardax's screenshot, linked in her last post. There are 5 files called "Case Study....", followed by two "China Report...." followed by five "Zheng Province....".

I like your idea of an aircraft carrier. Maybe a cruise liner would be more comfortable - though don't people always come down with stomach bugs on cruises - at least they are away from the infected birds on a ship.

Would a DC-3 be able to land on an aircraft carrier?

Also, they used a helicopter before. That couldn't have the same range. Was it just used to go from London to the Lab and back? And why isn't it at the Lab now?

In an earlier thread I mentioned an old nuclear bunker as somewhere for the family to live. It just so happens this one is for sale on Ebay today: BBC News - Derbyshire nuclear bunker to be auctioned on eBay

Watching this episode again a few things do strike you:

Abby is very quiet when she goes looking for Peter with Tom. Peter can only hear Tom and hides, but Tom is shouting out "Peter" and Abby just isn't really trying.

Why did Whittaker leave Tom with a gun? He may have thought Tom was dead, but guns are not easy to get hold of, so why not take it with him.

And how does Tom get on the aeroplane without anyone seeing him get on? I think they had provided some back entrance for Peter so that he wouldn't contaminate anyone, but you would still need to walk past Landry and his guards. And why only 3 guards? Why did Landry need to come at all? It was only meant to be a pick-up. He didn't know it would become a stand-off.

Great comments Dave:)

Yes, ctg idea is amazing. I googled a little so i found DC-3 can take-off in 890ft and for example Nimitz class carriers are 1092 ft long. So it seams theoreticaly possible, some customizations can even help (hook, catapult, barriers, engine tweeking).

Helicopter - i think it started from lab so it has nothing to do with elite base. Helicopter was instructed by Mr. W and was in connection with ground cars.

Abby - yes, looking for Peter scene was really poor, Tom yelled as crazy man and mother was silent as mice in that scene...impossible.

Peter as sharpshooter - Peter had killed a med woman with a single shot - through closed window and also through a car - this can be impossible for very experienced shooter so kid without training cannot reach such result but ok....we live in a miraculous world.

Wounded Tom - Mr. W was a doctor, who can state who is really dead or alive. He totally failed because he even not tryied to check for. Yes, gun is piece of gold in those times, who can leave it there?

Tom inside DC-3 - I checked for airplane position on runway. There was only three possible ways: digging a tunnel under runway, invisiblity spell or teleportation.

Wounded Tom - Mr. W was a doctor, who can state who is really dead or alive. He totally failed because he even not tryied to check for. Yes, gun is piece of gold in those times, who can leave it there?
Probably more of a Medical Research Biochemist than a Doctor, but certainly not a Surgeon. Which makes it all the more odd that a seriously injured Tom would leave a Doctor he knew could help him, Anya, simply out of spite, to go somewhere where they will probably leave him to die.

You can be right Dave but i guess you are not. I just checked internet for medical researcher and first post was ESA looking for medical researcher. First condition was medicine doctor title. This is logical. If you do medical research and in this case about human virus you have to be medicine doctor on first place. How can you apply injections, anesthesia, how will you evaluate results if you are not medicine doctor? The whole team in lab was team of professionals so i will bet they had best education and they were mostly medicine doctors:).
Btw no matter you are surgeon, cancerologist or pediatrist - you have to recognize death.
Btw 2 i am leaving to bed with a strong flu ( i hope not with THAT FLU) right now, any doctor around?

Last edited:
You are right, James Whittaker must have become a MD first, and as regards to your post, he would have certainly been able to tell whether Tom was alive or not. I think the adrenaline rush and need for speed just didn't make him think straight.

What I meant was more that Whittaker, and the other 'exiles' might have never have practised medicine after studying it. Even a city centre GP will rarely experience someone dying with a gunshot on their surgery floor. Anya has already proved she can when she fixed up Greg, but Tom has thrown himself firmly in the hands of whatever and whoever, wherever he is going. If that was me, I'd have stuck with the certainty of Anya.