Survivors 2.04

Jardax

I am sci fi and fantasy fan. I like to chat with o
Plot:
Tom and Greg are enslaved alongside Kevin and dozens of others in Mr Smithson's coal mine. Meanwhile, the Family are desperately hunting for them and follow Billy, their only lead, to a roadside motel where he is meeting his girlfriend, Sally. When questioned, Billy feigns ignorance and exits under the pretence of asking around while on his trading route, leaving the Family with Sally.
In the mine, an accident leaves Kevin badly injured. Greg formulates an escape plan by convincing Smithson that he is a geologist and that he has discovered a gas leak in the mine. However, the Family are converging on Smithson's with their own rescue plans, leading to a dangerous game of cat and mouse. At ther end there's an appearence from Peter.

I like it more and more.

This was another great example of human bestiality (liberated slaves are even worse than slavers).

I guess survivors must accept a new rules if they are really interested of survival in such world.

The Oxford Classics Professor might have had a valid point regarding slavery, but he didn't seem like a natural leader and given the qualms his followers seemed to have, I don't know how he managed to hold it all together for so long. He was ripe for bringing down, but yet again they messed up a simple plan and made it all so complicated. I guess that might be true to real life though.

As you said in another thread, Billy is being uncovered as a thoroughly nasty character, and now he has Peter Grant.

By the way, Mr Smithson's house seemed like exactly the kind of country house we talked about in an earlier thread. There was a discussion about Winter approaching. They have coal supplies already, and food. Why didn't they fortify that house with walls, barbed wire, ditches and such, and stay there? Instead they are now off on the road again with a truck and two cars - with seemingly infinitely large petrol and diesel tanks!

Concerning professor - maybe he had an idea. he was surrounded by brainless brawlers. Such people are very simple and they usually need a leadership, ideas and filling orders. So is someone is able to create a strategy, they are usually happy.

I 100% agree with end of your comments. It can be foolish to leave such a great place. Coal mine+chateau?+country fields with animals.... i see we are thinking on a same frequency. Survivors left a place that was very good for creating a great base for a reasonably good life. But i must admit watching a rural works in the two next episodes can be a little boring.

Otherwise, i have reed Robinson and Swiss Robinson in my childhood and it was mostly about building a good home and i really loved it.

Original Air Date—9 February 2010

The family attempts to free captives Tom and Greg from Mr. Smithson's Coal Mine. Elsewhere, the Family are desperately tracking Billy, their only lead, across the country. At a roadside motel Billy stops to meet his girlfriend Sally and when the Family confront him, Billy claims ignorance. Meanwhile in the mine, Greg formulates an escape plan, convincing Smithson that he's discovered a gas leak.

SPOILER: Tom escapes and hi-jacks Billy's lorry, causing an explosion at the mine and freeing all the slaves,who hang Smithson and his guards. The group escape with Sally, unaware that Billy, left to die by Tom, has been saved by Abby's son, Peter, and a gang of feral kids.

I think it would have been dangerous to stay at the house - think of the possibility of Billy bringing in people to take it over himself, or else other people coming back for retribution. I figure just leaving it so the freed mining slaves could take it as required made sense.

Also the fact Abby is still looking for Peter. :)